The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am in the Portland area again.... and I cannot help but bring some goodies home :D I will try to get pics as soon as I get back. I saw some pretty amazing items in the diplay tank @ Upscales that your imagination could not even fathom... That inludes some pretty unbelievable echinos but mostly SPS. I will be looking to sell frags of everything as soon as I get back to help absorb the cost a little as well as to spread it out so that I can buy a frag back later if I loose the whole colony. If you are interested in some frags just stay tuned for the pics and prices when I get back. Aslo the official disclaimer: Upscales treats ALL Acros for LRBs when they come in. As far as flatworms I will treat all before they leave my possesion or simply send you home with some lavamisole... which ever you prefer. Upscales also indicated that they do a pretty heavy inspection for flatworms when the corals come in to minimize risk of AEFW infestation.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Me too Trodder. We have not made a trade in a while. I can not wait to see them. LMK Steve

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
if everything works out ok trodder will be getting me 2 colonys with his batch of corals. i might be looking to sell some frags from those colonies also. i just have to see what he brings me back.
hey trodder see if you can get some acro crabs with those colonies? or if they will sell any of the aco crabs to you. i would take a few of them if you can get any. i want to repopulate my tank with them.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
I went to a place called WAVES aquatics (or something) and they had some sweet acros. Decent place.

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Waves had some sweet corals in a few days ago but they are pretty well picked over. I did see a couple I really wanted to get but I only have time to stop at one store on my way to the airport.

Scott, so far I only have four colonies for me but I will give you frags of each... however I may still get two more for you if I have enough cash when I stop to pick them up. Just have to see what kind of dough I got when it is time to head to the airport. :D I will see what I can do for acro crabs....

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
trodder said:
Just have to see what kind of dough I got when it is time to head to the airport. :D I will see what I can do for acro crabs....
thanks buddy!:banana: :dance: :beer:

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Bring back another pulchra. I need to get a frag of it from you. ;) Not sure why I like the coral so much, as I'm actually going to try and cut down on the number of corals I have. :eek:

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Derek, I still have a little bit of the Pulchra left... about an inch frag and the coloring on it is pretty cool. Did you find out if Bob still has the one I sent him home with?

mtf I am in Beaverton which is basically a suburb of Portland. I highly recommend it for going to Oregon. In fact the wife and I have toyed with the idea of moving out here. I am even doind some job searching out here to see what the market looks like... all though I am doing it at home a little as well. That said anyone in the IT biz if you know any openings with good pay & benni's let me know :D

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
what the heck is it with everyone moving away, or thinking of moving away!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
well trodder just got back from oregon. he got 4 cool looking colonies. 1 of them is too small for fraging but the other 3 are massive! they look to be very nice colonies. i got a frag of each from him while he was acclamating them. i will post pics later. i know he will be looking to sell a couple of frags to recover some of the costs of getting them.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
corals said:
Nice to hear they made the trip OK.
Thanks again,

Travis
Upscales
hey travis those are some awesome looking corals. let me know by PM if there is a chance for a group buy discount. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
well here is the 4 corals trodder got this week. and 1 i know he will sell frags of. the first 3 pics are of the new ones and the 4th one is the pink pestrata he got from oregon last year.
you will have to find out which ones he is willing to frag. i know there is one that is not big enough to frag yet. he snipped off a frag to put in my tank for safe keeping. once that has grow out i will frag off a piece for him to sell. i wont be selling any of my frags of these in the future.
thanks trodder there looking awesome in my tank. there showing PE already.
i had to photo shop the pink pestrata so the pic was a little darker. i didnt get a very good pic of it. this is close to what it looks like but a little brighter pink. its pink with blue tips and green base. awesome coral thats a super fast grower.

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Travis is there any chance of getting a pic of that microclados from your display tank to show everyone the potential of the one I have.... I definately think it is going to be very, very similar in color when it colors up. I will try to get pics of the mother colonies maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

The first coral I have not idea what it is, but it is pretty sweet. The second pic coral on the left I believe is a loripes and to the right is the microclados.... although it looks like it could possibly be a macrostoma based on pics I have seen. The last is some type of bottlebrush... however that is the only one I will not be selling frags of any time soon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts