The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new digital camera and I still can't capture how this moonlight looks in person. I did some photoshop work on this to try and get it to look more like it does in person, but it still dosne't do justice.

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Sweet.....

Now that I finally got my last house deposit installment paid, I can do a little shopping.... a moonlight is definately on the list... ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,646 Posts
Yup , it's a tough one to grab inna pic,,,
looking into getting some for my tank,,,
thru a inside source ,and talking to those in the forefront of moonlighting,,,the best "real" lights are sold by Marc Weiss, and PFO,,,really,,,,
the Weiss line has one that can be adjusted for aiming,,and the PFO 's have one that attaches to a MH bulb socket.
i've seen in person the results of a lot of moonlights
the good ones are NOT "just a blue LED"
for maximum viewing , and polyp extension, these two seem to be the winners hands down,,,,
like a lot of us need something to make us sit and watch the tank,,,but also,the good ones are both viewing pleasurable, AND a benefit to the tank,,
you would probably not see anything with a light made just made to replicate true moonlight,,,

·
Super Moderator
22,646 Posts
Buzz_Hog said:
Sweet.....

Now that I finally got my last house deposit installment paid, I can do a little shopping.... a moonlight is definately on the list... ;)
BH, lemme know, i can tell you more on this, and which ones to get,,,,(privvy to inside research/testing);)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked this one up at the LFS for 30 bucks. It is a white LED, it looks great on my 15 gallon. For bigger tanks you would need more than one if you use this kind. For me though I can't beat it for the price. I forget what brand it was, but its a little black box with a light in the center of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.