The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rocks or sand bed? i have no sand sifting goby or anything else that has a habbit of dumbing sand on corals

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but usually that's something you should look into prior to purchasing a coral. Maybe that's what your seeking out, but I would assume, partially by the bump merely 30 minutes after the initial post, that you've acquired the coral and are looking for info during acclimation.

To be honest, I'm not sure what a moon coral is. Do you have a more scientific classification of the specimen?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes and as usual when i get this response. i have research the proper placement which i found to be in rock or sand but want aquarist poiints of view

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks i have a 150w HQI in this 24g aquapod so 99% of the tnak gets light but i can put it lower on the sand

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
I've got mine in the sand. I can't give you a good reason why they are in the sand, but they seem to be doing well. 250w HQIs here.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have mine on the floor of my bb tank. VHO's.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its on the sand bed now. i think it will be better. i will have a pic up in a few camera batteries died

·
spsaddict
941 Posts
when my favia was on a rock rather then the sand bed it always got duller in color when i placed it on the sand bed it brightened up a whole lot maybe its due to the lighting maybe the sand bed i really dont no why but they do get pretier on the sand bed.jmo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts