The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is my best solution to getting rid of these guys. I might be getting some monti eating nudis with some coral I am picking up. I was planning on an iodine dip and some time with the toothbrush to remove the eggs. Is this all I need to do and has anyone found a better method?

·
Reef Nut
1,254 Posts
If you haven't put them in your tank yet, don't! Put the new corals in quarantine and treat them there first. Monti nudi's are bad. Do a search and find the thread about killing them. The corals might not survive, but you really don't want nudi's in your tank. I think I am rid of them now, I got a radiant wrasse that ate them. Once they are in your tank they are very difficult to get rid of.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I had some Zoa eating nudi's. I noticed them before it got out of hand. I dont think they ever had a chance to spawn. I manually removed 5 or 6 of them. I haven't seen one in months. My zoa's are much happier now.

I kept a piece of air line tubing on top of the tank with a cup. Every time I saw one I quickly sucked it out. Good luck.

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
I kept a piece of air line tubing on top of the tank with a cup. Every time I saw one I quickly sucked it out. Good luck.
:eek4: Hope you didn't chew them... Yuck;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts