The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
47,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dark and foggy almost a pea super out there. Makes drive down mountain "interesting" when I leave for work. Not like from home where it's pretty open.
Not ready to get up yet but coffee is on.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
And a BIG HAPPY *ONDAY to you and All Doug! An 'UGHHHHHH Mnday' sounds quite appropriate, especially waking up to 'pea soup'........Hope the fog lifts for you before the drive to work.......NOT one of *y favorite driving conditions.

I'll refresh the coffee offerings, and schlep so*e Onion bagels hot fro* the toaster on the table as well.

A rough calculation of you posting sooooo early is an interrupted night's sleep....hope you were able to so find so*e *ore of it.

A chilly, blustery day here at the shore......hitting near 50 after a 33 degree start, with 15 to 25 mph winds gusting to 40 WITH orning showers possible. I don't recall anything being on the slate for today, BUT *onday's are unpredictable. So a self inflicted ugly day at the creek......but I get to watch it unfold from a war office if'n nothing is happening.

Hope a groovy one greets All,
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
I'll be at the creek before *ost are up and about......,.,but hope Cath shows up this *orning, or so*eone rattles her cage and check. Notice only one post yesterday, and silence....,,.even after a conversation about 'scrapple'.....a ho*e town delicacy from her childhood.
Concerned busy body,
Hack

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
416 Posts
*orning Gents. Well, we got an inch of snow last night so it looks like the season is over and the bike will go up on the stands this weekend. I'll fill the tank and add a little stablizer and a dribble of Seafoam. Let her run till she is good and hot then shut her down. I am not sure the cover is going on. I have a little mouse buddy who hangs out in the garage. Weirdest little dude I have ever met. I'll be laying on the ground working on the bike and see him watching me from under a tool cabinet, then 15 minutes later he is watching from on top the fridge or in the rafters. I don't want him crawling up under the cover and making a nest in my wiring harness. I think just a blanket over the paint and I'll put a sacrificial blanket folded on top the fridge. If he feels a need to nest somewhere it may as well be where I want him.

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
Good mawnin’, Doug, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!
Thanks for the coffee and bagels, Hack. Nice if you to ketone toast my whole grain bagel before you toast your onion bagel.😂

Doug - Ewww in that fog drive this morning! Not a fun start for today.

I'll be at the creek before *ost are up and about......,.,but hope Cath shows up this *orning, or so*eone rattles her cage and check. Notice only one post yesterday, and silence....,,.even after a conversation about 'scrapple'.....a ho*e town delicacy from her childhood.
Concerned busy body,
Hack
Hahaha! I be OK. Thanks for checking on me. My Sunday turned out packed full, and I couldn’t catch up with all the comments on yesterday’s thread.

Rick - Funny story about the mouse casing out you working in the garage.

Jeff - Thanks for the report about your mother! Scary numbers there! Great idea to get Meals on Wheels to bring her lunch every day!

Vinnie - Too bad your not goi go to Atlanta in December, but I agree that a visit with Kristine’s folks takes too billing.

Eye doc appointment in a few, so I gotta hurry now.🙃

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
Good *orning Doug, Hack, Rick, Cath and all,

You all are up early today, I’m still waking up. I will add another pot of coffee, Cajun style with chicory.

going to be a pretty decent day here,

too bad on putting the bike up for winter, doesn’t happen here which is nice. But riding in the summer heat and humidity is as back. We used to joke about if you narrow it down, we have about two weeks a year when it not too cold, wet or hot to ride.

have a great day everyone

·
Administrator
47,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remorn all, looks like I kicked ant hill hehe. Yes I did get more sleep though big furry beast hogged my side of the bed. Still really thick fog out there,kinda slick with fallen maple leaves on skinny road. 42 and more rain on way.
now on ground is Go od time to put bike away, hopefully you get a deal made with mouse about lodgings..
Be safe at creek hack, good luck on eye appt Cath.
Vi`y we have 2 months out of year it's optimal riding, real bikers ride most of the time. I don't know how people spend thousands on bike that sits in garage most of time after the 1st year

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
I didn’t know this was even possible
View attachment 242489
My hubby used to say a tied score is like kissing you sister. 😂

‘Bout time ATT came there!

Jeff - I forgot to mention how beautiful Molly and her brother are! Absolutely stunning birds! How big are they? You can’t say that 5 hands tall like you do for horses…

Doug - Deep fog still hanging around there?

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
416 Posts
Just wander out in the back yard with the little pup. She spotted a hawk sitting on top the telephone pole at the back fence. She locked right in on it and I could see the wheels turning in her fuzzy little killer brain. I don’t think so little one, let’s get you inside where you aren’t gonna be lunch. When she makes the quiet growl it is very close to go time.

·
Super Moderator
22,340 Posts
Afternoon/early evening all,

spent the day at mom’s tending to the last of the evergreen trimmin’, and a good part of the end of season clean up in the back yard. Did ok, luckily about the same time I was done with what I planned on doing/my back n bod decided I was done/the snow started coming down , all happened about the same time .Spent time with mom before and after the outside efforts and a few breaks inbetween.

Dawgs let out n fed when I got home, they of course informed me I was LATE,,, .

Still hoping the tree guy shows tomorrow like he said , and will be glad when the trees are down and enjoy the fact it’ll be that much less leaves to deal with , and limbs rolling the dice if or when they decent to fall on important stuff.

Cath, hard to say how large Molly is, but as parrots go, with their tail added in 🤔, they are said to be the largest( longest) parrots in the bird world.
And based on the “rule” on having a cage large enuf to allow wing flapping without touching anything , both the cage and Molly are pretty large , haha.
Will check online but I think they claim macaws are prob 4 ft plus “long”, along with a body that is larger than most other parrots.

Well, Buddy is barking at me , so must mean something , so outside he goes, will see if that quiets him down , haha

hope everyone had a great day!

Reactions: Tinsnips and VWD

·
Administrator
47,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Evening all, yes Molly is a pretty good, glad you got caught up at moms and she's ok.
Work drug on painfully, dismal all day, rain predicted at 2 pm,
Wind came up and skies dumped, we had to drive To 12 miles to DG so she could get Prilosec, probably hit market with liquor before we head back. Ok

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Another busy day around the Training table.....COOL! :cool:
Salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes n gravy, broccoli n cheese, olives and dinner rolls.....speaking of rolls, I could use some assistance prying myself from the table......ATE TOO MUCH!

THERE GOES THAT 'S' WORD AGAIN....folks are gonna start talking.

Just wander out in the back yard with the little pup. She spotted a hawk sitting on top the telephone pole at the back fence. She locked right in on it and I could see the wheels turning in her fuzzy little killer brain. I don’t think so little one, let’s get you inside where you aren’t gonna be lunch. When she makes the quiet growl it is very close to go time.
Yeah Rick, our little Snoodle Oliver thinks he's indestructible as well .... the Turkey Buzzards and red Tailed Hawks are fair game for him to taunt......Jen picks him up and protects 'Her' puppy....ME? I want to see his stuff! I think he CAN!
Car Bird Vehicle Vertebrate Motor vehicle

TARGET

Dog Bottle Carnivore Dog breed Drinkware

HUNTER!

Chloe Noel on the other hand, the Great Dane puppy, Oliver.....🤔......found it's better to hide in ambush when Chloe wants to play......He'll dive under some furniture where She can't reach him and go for the legs! Her playing with this little manly dog involves a full bore charge, pops up on her hind legs landing right in from of him.....come on come on....,.let's play
Plant Dog Dog breed Collar Carnivore

...huh....huh....huhhh.....

Getting long winded SORRY.....
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Good evening all,

Att connected the fiber optic internet today and put in a new model. So far seem nice, no more drop signal. Now to get our free HBOMax.

been waitufor my seahorse feeder to arrive, been out for delivery all day usps, not sure why it’s not here, probably tomorrow. Want to see if I can train them to eat in same place every day. Make for easier cleanup

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Amazes me Vinnie when they say first thing in the morning.....'OUT FOR DELIVERY' and doesn't! Steams my britches! This is an exciting show we get to see hear Pal.......looking forward to learning something.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Amazes me Vinnie when they say first thing in the morning.....'OUT FOR DELIVERY' and doesn't! Steams my britches! This is an exciting show we get to see hear Pal.......looking forward to learning something.
Hack
Just got a message, no access to make delivery, which is a lie, I have no gate or fence to my front door. Still is deliver all the time.

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
Good evening everybody!

Rick - That’s scary stuff about your little pup versus the hawk! Yes indeed, get that dog inside to safety.

Jeff - How lucky for you to live close enough to your mom to help/check on her.
Keep us updated.

Hope the snow doesn’t prevent the promised tree work.

Wow! Molly could grow to 4 feet?! I bet she will make quite a sound with her voice!

Doug - Sounds like a miserable 12 mile drive in wind and rain today.

Hack - love the photos of Chloe in tongue waggling action and Oliver ready to take on Chloe or the hawk!

Vinnie - UPS being delayed… I remember Jeff going through that so months ago. There’s so many things that are delayed by delivery trucks of one sort or the other.

YIKES! I better post it before somebody else chimes in again.😂

1 - 20 of 28 Posts