The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In reference to:
(http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75645)
could you please post the pics in the TRT photo gallery. we are starting to get a lot of bad file addresses from photobucket. in the future if someone wants to see your pics they will not exist in this thread.

sorry, for being the photo nazi, but it is starting to be a problem with some of the older threads we like to reference.

G~

Is this something new? Are we doing this in all areas of the forum?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Premium Member
7,654 Posts
As Geoff said as time goes on and the photos are purged from photobucket the threads almost become useless since people cant see the photos being talked about.

If all the pics are kept here on the TRT servers there is no problem with missing pics; and they may help someone down the road.

Not a requirement, just a suggestion. :)

Here is the photo gallery -- the login is your same user name and pass as on the forums.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
as Vince has said, not a requirement, but a suggestion. i have been going back through a fair number of theads lately looking of pests for people and i keep coming across the photobucket pic not here anymore gif. :( it is just hard to help people if the pics keep dissappearing.

i may start PM'ing people to update threads when i find them. eventually i will annoy enough people that they will start using the TRT gallery. :D

G~

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
I know it takes up space to store and keep pictures on the server, I don't know anything about how photobucket works. I have a web site that I used to host my pictures. So I think as times goes by it is wise to remove them , free up space. for new pictures. Most picture I post here are on my server and I know somewhere down the road I will remove them when I start up and really start working my website again. then I will be needing the space and don't want to increase my monthly fees.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well if I didn't have my own web server, then I would probably post on TRT also.
I totally know what you mean Geoff, I think I was going through Greg's tank build thread, and there were some dead links there.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
VWD said:
I know it takes up space to store and keep pictures on the server, I don't know anything about how photobucket works. I have a web site that I used to host my pictures. So I think as times goes by it is wise to remove them , free up space. for new pictures. Most picture I post here are on my server and I know somewhere down the road I will remove them when I start up and really start working my website again. then I will be needing the space and don't want to increase my monthly fees.
well if you ever need a web hosting with more space at a reasonable price, let me know. I bet we could work something out.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
i find it pretty easy to use. i just right click to get the address than post it in the thread of choice using the pic button. there is even one in the quick reply box.

as far as i know Greg is planning on keeping this as long as there is a TRT.

G~

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,655 Posts
The reason I don't use the internal photo hosting is that Photobuket allows me to upload pics of up to a meg if I want to, also I often post pics I take on my FW club board as well, I can't do that if they are hosted here.

Also with photobuket the pictures show up right in the thread, you don't need to click on a thumbnail (if you do it right) so it makes the thread easer to follow.

Images from Photo bucket are only removed if the user removes them to get some space back, or if the account goes inactive for a long time.

Whiskey

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey guys .. I Am starting a personal server .. if you are at all intrested I can setup a photo area that you can upload your pics too ...

Let me knoiw!

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
Wiskey said:
The reason I don't use the internal photo hosting is that Photobuket allows me to upload pics of up to a meg if I want to, also I often post pics I take on my FW club board as well, I can't do that if they are hosted here.

Also with photobuket the pictures show up right in the thread, you don't need to click on a thumbnail (if you do it right) so it makes the thread easer to follow.

Images from Photo bucket are only removed if the user removes them to get some space back, or if the account goes inactive for a long time.

Whiskey
Why can't you post them on the FW site from here ? I've posted pics hosted here on other boards (oops maybe i shouldn't say that :) )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts