The Reef Tank banner
2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  epidemic 
#1 ·
So Im have a 1" ish 6line wrasse in my 58 gal right now along with a pair of clowns and 4 chromis. I was thinking about getting the trio or wrasse on DR F&S. Is this too much for the tank and do you think the 6line will tear them up?

#2 ·
While my experience may not be the case all of the time, but I had an established 6 line in the 320g with plenty of room and still bullied/chased any newcomers that are simliar shaped like longnose hawk and other wrasses until they jumped. Based on my experience a 6line should be one of the last wrasses to add to a tank not the first if you plan on more wrasses.

So IME it's risky.

Regardless if you try or not, every inch of your tank should be covered or if you have a canopy, screening placed across any opening so it can't get out of the back.

#5 ·
I think I am going to try it. I made a post looking for a fish trap. Perhaps if I take out the 6line and put in the three, I could put the 6line back in in a few months or something. I am willing to be wrasses would be less likely toi be bullied when there are more of them (trio)

#8 ·
I figured three fish for $100, and I have enough credit to cover shipping. The order has been placed. I have a diff tank I can hold them in until I get things figured out. I would prefer the three in the 58, but if they dont all live I will do somethjing else. Now I need a fish trap!!

#10 ·
I have a six line that was put in a couple of months before the yellow coris wrasse in our 55gal. We have no trouble at all, not since day one. At this point the most agressive fish is the royal gramma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.