The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im have a 1" ish 6line wrasse in my 58 gal right now along with a pair of clowns and 4 chromis. I was thinking about getting the trio or wrasse on DR F&S. Is this too much for the tank and do you think the 6line will tear them up?

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
While my experience may not be the case all of the time, but I had an established 6 line in the 320g with plenty of room and still bullied/chased any newcomers that are simliar shaped like longnose hawk and other wrasses until they jumped. Based on my experience a 6line should be one of the last wrasses to add to a tank not the first if you plan on more wrasses.

So IME it's risky.

Regardless if you try or not, every inch of your tank should be covered or if you have a canopy, screening placed across any opening so it can't get out of the back.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can prevent jumping, but I have heard that 6lines will attack and nip fins and such.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I am going to try it. I made a post looking for a fish trap. Perhaps if I take out the 6line and put in the three, I could put the 6line back in in a few months or something. I am willing to be wrasses would be less likely toi be bullied when there are more of them (trio)

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doint have any problem with the 6line and a yellow coris in a 6' 125. They just avoided eachother, and the 6line was there first -established for months

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
6 line chased mine both out oof the tank. Literally. I would not get them unless you pull the sixline. Nice trio though.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured three fish for $100, and I have enough credit to cover shipping. The order has been placed. I have a diff tank I can hold them in until I get things figured out. I would prefer the three in the 58, but if they dont all live I will do somethjing else. Now I need a fish trap!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I "had" a 6 line that would not allow any other wrasses in the tank with him. He would pester them to death. The tank was a 150. I would not do it with the 6 in there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a six line that was put in a couple of months before the yellow coris wrasse in our 55gal. We have no trouble at all, not since day one. At this point the most agressive fish is the royal gramma.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 6 line has been ion the tank for about a month, but I am adding three of the other species of wrasse. Quite a predicament!

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I had a 6-line i had to move from a tank, and i pit it in the 120 with my other 6-line........next day it was on the floor.:( I would not do it.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2 six line? I would assume theyd do that. I bought three wrasses as a harem (sold together, labeled as trio). So they should be fine with eachother, but perhaps not the 6line.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today, but I have a qt tank until I fugure out what to do.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They used to make 60's, They weren't around for too lonmg. but they were like a smaller jug! OHH the 800!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts