The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Organism Underwater Fish Fin

It's a mystery...I have ....had 4 clowns....2 black and whites.... one of which took to sleeping on the mushroom at night- pic attached. this morning the black and white is gone! No evidence of him in the tank!!!!

Clean up crew-
blue leg hermits
turbo snails
2 peppermint shrimp

Is it possible the mushroom ate him??????

V

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Try moving or flushing water in the rocks . see if he's jammed in the rock . You will see a milky film on the water surface if a fish starts dieing before the smell starts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Check the overflows really well. Then check them again. Had a flame hawk in one took me a while to find.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i checked the overflows....

i'm pretty certain the mushroom ate the poor guy which ticks me off as the aquarium did not warn me, and advised that it likes food debris to fall on it as opposed to target feeding.....

my loss has been soooo huge lately I am getting sad......

v

·
Registered
9 Posts
I feel your pain. My six line went skydiving 4 weeks ago. It took me 3 weeks to find him stuck in the radiator. There wasn't any smell. They just dry up like a prune. Sorry for your loss. I just bought another 6 line yesterday.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone!!! This was terrible!!!! Should i get rid of the shroom? i still have 3 clowns left...but they host the nems....... if I keep the shroom, should I be target feeding?

V

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
wow that's insane, sorry for your loss. I have yellow gobies who host on my red and green mushrooms all the time and the shrooms have not tried to close up on them yet.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am certain the mushroom was the culprit....the morning after it happened i could detect black inside of it........black colour now gone....oddly enough the mushroom is now spewing strands from its mouth! Digestion i am thinking!!!!

v

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mushroom

I'M feeling pretty bad! i prob should have tried cutting the mushroom to save the clown but i think by morning it was already a gonner....I poked at the black part within the mushroom and there was no movement...........does anyone know how to disect a mushroom without killing it? OR should I just return it to the shop?
v

1 - 16 of 16 Posts