The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought home a new clown goby, whom my girlfriend named Tweety, on Sunday. She sat out in the open and swam around and even ate later that night when I was feeding the tank. She was happily jumping around from rock to rock on Monday as well.

But I haven't seen her since Monday. I know she could be hiding and I would never see her since she is so small and I have quite a bit of LR, but I'm getting a little worried since she was so out-going the first couple of days.

Should I be worried??

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I am hoping it is there somewhere, but lest check this out.
What other habitants do you have in the tank?
Any anemones?
Have you look around the tank? behind it specificaly? is there a way it could have jump out?
any open powerheads? is your skimmer going nuts?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
> What other habitants do you have in the tank?

2 clowns, firefish, snails, and a cleaner shrimp

> Any anemones?

No

> Have you look around the tank? behind it specificaly? is there a way it could have jump out?

I've checked all around the tank, but didn't see anything, so I checked again and again.... I have egg crate on most of tank and glass covering the rest. It wouldn't be that easy for it to jump out.

> any open powerheads? is your skimmer going nuts?

All my powerheads have cages on their input, but I guess it's possible that she could have sucked up since she was so small. In that case, the cleanup crew would have destroyed the evidence.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts