The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is everyones thoughts on the mirrors on the back of a 210 gallon tank? I have a 55 gallon with a mirror.. Im wondering how it would look?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
it would look like a 420 gallon, are there any worries about fish seeing themselves and trying to fight? or constanly swimming into the tank trying to get to the other side? or you seeing yourself and trying to jump in because you think your drowning (family guy reference)

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
leveldrummer said:
it would look like a 420 gallon, are there any worries about fish seeing themselves and trying to fight? or constanly swimming into the tank trying to get to the other side? or you seeing yourself and trying to jump in because you think your drowning (family guy reference)

lol.....good questions? just curious if anyone has done this?

·
11,345 Posts
Hendersonracing said:
what is everyones thoughts on the mirrors on the back of a 210 gallon tank? I have a 55 gallon with a mirror.. Im wondering how it would look?
do you have pics to share of the mirrored 55??? I for one would love to see it.:agree:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a mirror on the back of my 45g and it did look cool, but my fish were constantly bonking into the glass. I thought it was funny at the time. They never got hurt from it.

They'd go for some flake and get a rude awakening.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what my 55 has a mirror, I ad one cut cost me $25 ill post some pics tonight!

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
instead of a mirror, you can get mirror tint a heck of a lot cheaper, apply it with some dish detergent (dont get it in the tank) just put some on your finger, put a thin film across the whole tank, apply the tint, and use a squeegee to work out the bubbles from center out, then trim the sides off. some one try it and tell me how it looks....

·
11,345 Posts
leveldrummer said:
instead of a mirror, you can get mirror tint a heck of a lot cheaper, apply it with some dish detergent (dont get it in the tank) just put some on your finger, put a thin film across the whole tank, apply the tint, and use a squeegee to work out the bubbles from center out, then trim the sides off. some one try it and tell me how it looks....
i dont think that would work on acrylic..........i could be wrong though

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fly Guy said:
i dont think that would work on acrylic..........i could be wrong though
MY TANK IS SOLID GLASS ABOUT 400 LBS....:freak:

but I think the Mirror would look alot better....the sheets eventually come loose from the tank....

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here is my new project 210 gallon wall unit

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
aw man, you need that on a reef tank. i bet that would really help double your light.

i dont know about acrylic, but if put on properly, the tint would pull off of the glass tank, it doesnt on cars right? (unless put on wrong)

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
fill the popcorn machine with fish and your in buisness.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought the sump but the LFS didn't tell me It didn't come with the pump???? What pump is recommended?

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
leveldrummer said:
aw man, you need that on a reef tank. i bet that would really help double your light.

i dont know about acrylic, but if put on properly, the tint would pull off of the glass tank, it doesnt on cars right? (unless put on wrong)
so you think mabe tint instead of a mirror I never thought of that? how would It look? maby mirror tint on the tank? and yes Its going to be a reef tank!

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I bought this sump from a LFS and Was under the understanding that it came with a pump and a skimmer also....I paid $287.00 for the piece.. Is that a good deal or should I return It for something else...they told me it was the right one for my 210 gallon tank...?

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yeah it also only has the 2 lines shown not even enough for the tank? the tank has 4 holes in the bottom of It

1 - 20 of 31 Posts