The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the minimum size for a hospital tank? My biggest fish are flame angel, kole tang, yellow tang...all in the 2-3 inch range.

Space is at a premium where I am, so I would like to keep the size as small as safely possible. I was thinking of maybe an Eclipse 12 gallon...or possibly an Eclipse 6 if that's viable.

Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
IMO the 12gal would be fine as long as the fish weren't in there for too long. I use a ten gallon bare bottom with HOB filter. I usually won't leave any fish in ther for more than a couple of days. The largest fish I've put in mine is a 3" tomato clown I gave a "time out" to for messing with a cleaner shrimp.

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
I dont have one either but I'm looking in the 15-35 gallon range, when setting it up should I use some type of rock for a hiding spot, several books say to use pvc pipe, its cheap and efficient

·
Administrator
49,211 Posts
20 long is a good compromise unless you routinely buy large fish(6+ ")
A few random lengths of apprpraitly sized pvc pipe would be good, small flowerpots work well as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.