The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Reef Geek
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an answer to a question about Kent Marine mineral supplements. So today I bought a bottle of Kent Marine Strontium & Molybdenum and a bottle of Coral-Vite. I am reading the bottle and noticed that the same four things that are in the bottle of S&M (LOL) are in the bottle of Coral-Vite. Then reading the back of the bottle of S&M it says to use with Coral-Vite. Is it really necessary to use the S&M if I am using the Coral-Vite? Or is is like using the seperate calcium additive even though the Coral-Vite has calcium in it? I mean we don't even test for Strontium or Molybdenum anyways, so either way I don't know if I'm adding too much or not enough. I just don't want to have a arsenal of these Kent Marine additives if I only need to use two or three of them. It seems kinda redundent.....any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
What are you trying to dose? I add just a touch (2 ml) kent essential elements to 10 gallons of top off. Outside of that just a simple two part once a week (except for the week I do WC) and my normal water changes keeps everything in check.

·
Reef Geek
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just want to add a trace element supplement to help with my corals (the Coral-Vite) but most corals also need strontium. At least that's what I read. But if the coral-vite has the strontium and moly in it, then whats the point of buying the seperate bottle of S&M?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts