#1 ·
What plane is this???:)

#8 ·
Has flashbacks of running in formation singing

"C130 Rollin down the Strip"

AHHHHHHHHH Stop the Insanity

#11 ·
Doug1 said:
Fergus, welcome to the land of ******* reefers ;), its an Or thang inspite of where you are :D
if this were the case, we would all have oval tanks and paint numbers on the sides of our Selene vomers and take bets on which would make it around first! all the while drinking beer, oh wait that is why we have this modicon.:beer:

G~

#12 ·
Hey I recognize that 1st one! I worked on those bad boys for 5 years at RAF Mildenhall England. I worked on the R-model variety, and saw 'em go from a classic analogue avionics system to a fully up to date 'glass cockpit' with multifunctional displays and lots of digital navigation stuff. I am now working the C-17A's.
It was amazing going from a 40+ year old airframe to this one. We are still getting brand new ones in from the factory. It is really neat going out to a jet and smelling that NEW JET smell!
Well anyway I probably have fixed that jet in the picture a hundred times over the years!

#14 ·
Tom, I got to tour the Globemaster at Nasa Dryden in 92 I think. We got to see them practicing those very high steep approaches the aircraft is capable of:) That and the fact that they ask Loadmasters for input in designing it, at least the trunk ;) the short field capability is icing on the cake :D
BTW when I mention taxi drivers and such, it is with utmost respect and gratitude. Its a long march to anywhere any more :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.