The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody thinking of going to the Midwest Saltwater Fish conference? It is near Detroit.

Do you guys ever get together? I would love to meet you guys? I'm 62 and my son is 33--we have 125 gal salt water tank.

We rock. We like to have fun!

You all can come to my house.

Please e mail me. [email protected].

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our tank!

My son and I have a 125 gallon reef tank. It has taken us a long time to get where we are now--but it is looking great. We have about ten fish. My son knows the names of everything--I just add to the beauty here and there. Tonight I got a crab that is covered with all sorts of frags. We'll see how he does.

I also have a 10 inch red pepper coral. He is a riot. He loves to be gently abused. Every other day I pick him up and blow directly on it with the water power head (gentle). Then I pick out any worms that are on him, and then I give him a little massage with a SOFT toothbrush. Then I put him back down in the tank, he stretches out, and blooms.

We had to get rid of our gorgeous shoal tang. He had grown to over nine inches. The other person is very happy having our Beauty--but I must admit I miss him. I would hand feed him shrimp every night.

We are looking for people in the South Bend area to talk with and to see their tanks to get some support. Is there anybody in South Bend?:jester:

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
We use to get together almost monthly when I first joined a few years back.
I think we are having "meetings" less then once a year now. :(

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I live in South Bend...at least for another month.
Like Chris said, we used to get together fairly often but it seems like people haven't been posting in here near as much as they used to.

·
Super Moderator
22,143 Posts
Where ya movin over to, Dave? (If i may ask)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well--why don't we get together! Maybe then people would start posting again. I tell you it is driving me nuts for all the people who have gone out of business. I want to talk and see people who have aquariums.
Do you know who some of the other people are in reality? If so--we can meet at my house. And moving 15 miles into Michigan is nothin. Let's do something people! At least try!

·
Registered
171 Posts
OOOOO yes!!! Let's do this!! Michigan aye? Welcome to my side of the border lol :) I'm in Niles, so we are all pretty close. I think planning some meetings would be very fun.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I will talk with my husband and we will set a date to meet at my house.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts