The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top of the morning, and HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY!

A full night's sleep, and first two mugs of joe under my belt.......ready to face a day at the yard as we race towards the kick off of the 2021 summer season with Memorial Day this weekend.

It's time Folks for Us'All to start the grand planning for Our kick off weekend Ourselves around here......Let's here some of them plans......We're always opened to exploring new grooviness.
One of the things We're looking forward to the most with a whole 2 days off is a day started with a big grilled breakfast leading Us off with a day centered around the grill. It's a little special having breakfast on the grill in the early morning.

Whelp, let's go see what this day holds for Us,
Peace,
Hack

·
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In honor of this 'kick off of Shoebee season' here at the South Jersey shore.......

.......Does anyone recall the movie that this classic clip is taken from? Every day of the summer season flash backs of this, one of my favorite films of all times, flashes through my mind.

2nd chance........

Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,082 Posts
Good mawnin’, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and ... wot? No treat ps on the table yet? OK, I’ll add grab ‘n go apple cinnamon coffee cake and nanners.
Hope a headache doesn’t follow you around today.

Fun times for the Hack family this weekend! A grilled out breakfast is THE best!

As for the trivia, the scenes look familiar, but o can’t get a handle on it. A musical? Comedy?

This morning Bobbi and I each stepped outside at 6:00 in hopes to see the lunar eclipse. Too much tree cover. Oh well, it was beautiful outside at that time of day anyway.

Let’s see what’s goin on here on Memorial Day weekend...
Sunday evening the Spartanburg Community Band is having their first concert is having their first concert since the pandemic shutdown. Bobbi plays mallet instruments in the percussion section and Hal plays horn. Their summer concert series is always outside, rain or shine, but this one will be shine only. Since the band hasn’t been able to practice as a group this year, the band will have two rehearsals outside before the concert at 6:00. I am so looking forward to it! Temps are supposed to be in the low 70s.

On Monday we will have a cookout at Bobbi and Hal’s place with just the three of us.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
46,887 Posts
Good morning all, gearing up for delivery day. 40 out, i looked at the window at moon around 12:30 but it was still white then, JoJo set alarm for 3ish and watched it. Said it was cool but Daughter left porch light on so it kinda spoiled trying to get pics.
Got a light switch to swap out in the hall, and baseboard heater to install and thats about it for this phase.
A weekend of grillin sounds good, I really need to replace my old burnt out unit, I cant dial in the heat properly :(
Hope the day treats you all well

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
Lol is it Jaws? Glad we don’t get tourists in the boonies.

Whole week of training but after my accident I appreciate a company that values safety.

·
Super Moderator
27,082 Posts
Hi, everyone!

Good morning all, gearing up for delivery day. 40 out, i looked at the window at moon around 12:30 but it was still white then, JoJo set alarm for 3ish and watched it. Said it was cool but Daughter left porch light on so it kinda spoiled trying to get pics.
Got a light switch to swap out in the hall, and baseboard heater to install and thats about it for this phase.
A weekend of grillin sounds good, I really need to replace my old burnt out unit, I cant dial in the heat properly :(
Hope the day treats you all well
So cool that JoJo got to see the flower moon/lunar eclipse. Bummer that he wasn’t able to get pics, though.
Good job on your continuing project, Doug!

Lol is it Jaws? Glad we don’t get tourists in the boonies.

Whole week of training but after my accident I appreciate a company that values safety.
Hahaha with the Jaws guess for the title of the film. Looking at the big fins on the cars, I was wondering if the film was actually made in the early late 50s or 60s or created to look that way. That boy with the hitchhike sign is bound to be a HUGE clue, but I don’t get it. Hmmmm and that hat...
Glad you are liking your new job, Perry.

Hack - What’s on your menu for tonight? I have brown rice with sautéed Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, and onions toooed off with marinara sauce. Plenty for everyone.

·
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

And that traffic scene looks like our shore communities today with the 90 degree temps.

Veal Parm take out and cheese steak subs. Eaten while toes dangled in the pool. Another day, another headache.....looking forward to answers. NEXT THURSDAY is my appointment with the neurologist to go over the results of yesterday's CT scan.

Back to splashing.....,.,grooviness,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,082 Posts
Ha! Never would have guessed that, though I can sing that tune in my head.

That’s crummy for your appointment to be next Thursday! Especially with those headaches.🙁

·
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've long since lost my all time favorite recipe for rice pudding.......and I'm the only rice pudding fan in my wigwam, so I bought a tub of pre-made home tonight, and have my cinnamon shaker handy......fingers crossed.

Got NY Cheese Cake in various flavors as well for the rice pudding snoots amongst us.
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
Enjoy your pudding Hack.

Woohoo, got all my back unemployment today. What a nice surprise after six weeks of nothing. My ex employer must not have responded or something.

·
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
......Chacha-ching ching! BBQ at Brother Perry's! Still walking the high life at your new gig Bro?
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,082 Posts
I've long since lost my all time favorite recipe for rice pudding.......and I'm the only rice pudding fan in my wigwam, so I bought a tub of pre-made home tonight, and have my cinnamon shaker handy......fingers crossed.

Got NY Cheese Cake in various flavors as well for the rice pudding snoots amongst us.
Hack
Yeeee hawww, Perry!

Enjoy your pudding Hack.

Woohoo, got all my back unemployment today. What a nice surprise after six weeks of nothing. My ex employer must not have responded or something.

·
Administrator
46,887 Posts
Evening all gang, Got another bad outlet swpped, bad hallway switch I cant find a direct replacement for, puit a new one in and no joy, gotta talk to a couple electrician customers, Crazy delivery day, seems every delivery driver is on vacation and the replacement driver have no clue. I am sore tired hungry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts