The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mantis
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone:wavey:

what ballast do you run for your metal halides n with what bulb/spectrum?

i may try the icecap ballast or galaxy with a phoenix 14k or radium 20k

this is almost a poll but i feel like ide miss alot of bulb n ballast combinatioins so im leaving it polless (word? lol)

·
Tarpon
3,793 Posts
ARO......love them. They are water tight and run cool. I run two 150watt ARO ballasts and two 14000k current bulbs. Im getting awesome growth and the color is nice too. No complaints.

·
Tarpon
3,793 Posts
http://www.hellolights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=462

They are discontinued from marinedepot.....they sell the expensive stuff....like icecap and galaxy more then the ARO. The ARO dont look as cool.......but imo work the same....I get awesome growth and have no complaints at all with what im running. I may add some actinic T5HO bulbs eventually.....but for now I dont need.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
I use Icecap... awesome customer service and the ballasts are repairable from IC.. you can't pay enough for great customer service like they have :)

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts

·
Mantis
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
You need the adapter plug to go from the Icecap ballast... if you cut off the plug, it voids the warranty on the ballast. You can get an Icecap adapter from any one of the lighting suppliers. I bet if you call Aquarium Specialties they will be able to get it to you as well. He's a really nice guy, located in Columbia SC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts