The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
16,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can't do better than what Paul had started this thread with back in 2018, but hope to keep the faith alive.

I am off today, and I am thankful for that......,,.I am going to Our local cemetery, attending Our local Memorial Day celebration, and offering my salute to All who have given all, and I am thankful for Them.

It is ALWAYS a good thing to thank, and honor All who serve Our country......BUT on this particular day let's all remember what THIS DAY is set aside for......Thank in Our prayers and thoughts those who made today possible, for in doing so They are still with Us......ALWAYS!
Hack

·
Registered
23 Posts
I still can't do better than what Paul had started this thread with back in 2018, but hope to keep the faith alive.

View attachment 241454

I am off today, and I am thankful for that......,,.I am going to Our local cemetery, attending Our local Memorial Day celebration, and offering my salute to All who have given all, and I am thankful for Them.

It is ALWAYS a good thing to thank, and honor All who serve Our country......BUT on this particular day let's all remember what THIS DAY is set aside for......Thank in Our prayers and thoughts those who made today possible, for in doing so They are still with Us......ALWAYS!
Hack
So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
My father was an Army medic in Korea. Didn’t talk about it much, I assume he didn’t want to remember a lot of what happened. For those who know about the Korean war, he was in Task Force Dog after the Chinese hit the Chosin reservoir. All he said about it was “that time they had to rescue a bunch of Marines”.
I was in the Army, never saw combat, if it wasn’t for the fact I got out I would have been in first Gulf war, wouldn’t you know it started on my birthday. Great present. I can never know what I would have done if I had seen combat, however I hope I would have done as well as my father.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts