The Reef Tank banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a devastating tank leak and am trying to get back up and running. I had a custom 65 gallon I drilled. The drilled part didn't leak and rather the tank from the bottom. It was a tank I got off Craigslist. Anyway, I bought a brand new Aqueon 65 Gallon tank today with an overflow and the Megaflow kit. I also got a new pump, Eheim compact 5000. My problem is that the bulkheads that came with the Megaflow kit have barbed fittings and do not seem to be a standard size. I have some barb fittings around my house and none of them seem to be the same as what came with the kit. Also, the Eheim 5000 has a return barb fitting that is different than my fittings. I'm confused how to go from my existing hard plumbing to these odd barb fittings without losing flow rate and also what size tubing to use when each side I'm trying to connect are different sizes. To be honest, the bulkheads that came with the kit are nowhere near the quality I have used from BRS. I'm worried about having a leak with these cheap bulkheads and have no idea what tubing and how reliable tubing is going to be with a bottom drilled setup. One last thing is the bulkheads protrude from the bottom of the tank a few inches and my cabinet is tight and in the wall. I have no idea how I am going to get the bulkheads mounted and get the tank in place. Don't think I will be able to get in and tighten them down if I put them in after it is in place. Any help or suggestions on all this would be highly appreciated. My livestock is all in buckets in my hall and I need to get this tank running soon. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts