The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
http://atlanta-smas.org/
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanksAndy for a great meeting. your tank looks painful err ahh i mean beautiful.when ever i look at your tank now Andy i associate it with pain and agony.thanks for the frags seaspook.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Thanks Andy! For hosting, and arranging the refractometer deal, and sharing your tank with us. I remembered what I forgot to do once I got home. I didn't take pictures!!

Tom, thanks for coming out and giving that very informative talk. Like you said, Algea is one of the more common areas of frustration, so it was something almost everyone could relate to.

Chef, the frags I got from you seem to be doing just fine. Thanks for bringing them!

-Chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the meeting Andy, it's always cool to see a tank 22 times the size of mine!! One thing I noticed about his shop is that there doesn't seem to be as many tools as I expected, I guess that just goes to show how much skill and know-how go into handmade products instead of machines cranking them out.

The algae talk was great. More than I ever wanted to know about algae. Just hope next time a few more common names could be used so this newbie could keep up a little better. (not a complaint just a suggestion)

My refractometer is too cool and I'm happy to report that when I tested my tank it was spot on at 1.025. I was always a little nervous about that and now it's one less thing to worry about.

·
Registered
328 Posts
thanks again

Had a great time, love the tank.and a speacial thanks for the repair on my cal reactor.
thanks.

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Thanks for sponsering the meeting Andy. I definatly would enjoy one of those purple tip thingies when you get a chance to frag them again.
Great shop too.

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
The nasty crab done ate what was left of the calurpa in the crab detention center. He is doing fine and not hiding at all. I have never seen one of those kinds of crabs as brazen as he is. Just doesn't seem to care bout nutin..
I had some calurpa I throw in from time to time, I am gonna try and see what he does with a piece of live rock covered in hair algae.
Thanks for the crab, I should have some more calurapa soon.
Ray

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Great meeting Andy!

Your tank really looks great and I can't wait to get back home and tryout the refractometer!

Tom's Nuscience (sp?) Algae presentation was 1st rate! Thanks for inviting him to speak to the club.

Bob

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Great meeting Andy.

The tank is comming along nicely. I guess it takes a while to fill a 400 gal w/ corals compared to most of our < 100 gal tanks.

Kimberly thanks you for the PowerAide.

Definatly no more double meetings. I didn't get home till 2:00 am and got up before 6:00 am to go to work. Driving all day on 3 1/2 hours of sleep really sucks.

5 awesome meetings so far this year can we do 7 more ????

Charles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.