The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
www.RMMAC.org Dreamer
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
La rr y!:banana:

You have been **** quite lately. I want to here more stories from Kula, Maui, HI :dance:, learn the condition of your guest house, ask how the dogs are doing:worm:, find out how the job is going:nuts:, beg for pictures of your dives :fish:, .....

Talk to me man :beer:

·
Registered
487 Posts
OK Folks; if you don't like hearing from me, tough luck! And now, as requested, MY ADVENTURES!! :eek:

The guest bedroom is coming along great. As soon as I get a spare day the bed will be finished (as in built) and things will be in place. Then, when nobody's visiting (most of the time), my private escape chamber will be ready for action!!

The job is awesome! I love all the people I work with and we have a good time. :dance: The one thing that concerns me most is that narcotics are very freely prescribed here. We had a woman in severe withdrawal yesterday in the pharmacy and it was pretty pathetic. Hopefully she'll get the help she needs rather than just more dope from her doctor!

Now for the more exciting stuff. I bought my own buoyancy compensation device (a vest with air bags that helps maintain neutral buoyancy while underwater), regulator and dive computer. The computer is pretty awesome as it will tell you how much longer you can stay down at whatever depth you happen to be and warns you if you're doing something that may cause the bends.

Here's one for Jodi: a couple of weeks ago I found a purple nudibranch with a gold ring around the edge. I'm taking it as a message from God that the Vikings will win the Super Bowl this year! They've got a good start by beating the Packers on Sunday, even though the reading of the game sounded like it was a rather sloppy victory.

I'm starting to see more of the nudibranchs and other small critters on my own. I guess that has to do with my becoming more comfortable with diving and am able to pay more attention to the details of the reef rather than concentrating so much on my diving.

Some other critters and stuff I've seen include the Hawaiian cleaner wrasse (this is the 4 color one, totally beautiful!!), an orange nudi, a nudi that looked like it had devil horns, turtles, turtles and more turtles, 4 different kinds of morays, coral banded shrimp, frog fish (those guys are VERY well camoflaged!!), a leaf scorpion fish (also very well camoflaged; I don't even know why I looked close enough to see the eyes as it looked like a chunk of seaweed just waving in the surge), a dragon wrasse, several trumpet fish, possibly a mantis (all I saw was the tail as the critter crawled under the coral head), watchman gobies, garden eels and more other kinds of fish than I can remember! I've also witnessed coral spawning and the "litter" of this event (it really clouds the water and a couple of days later there's all kinds of little orange balls floating in the water.

The coral here is all sps. I dove a wreck site last Sunday that had bunches of tires wrapped in strings of about a half dozen. I was amazed to see corals growing on the tires! The predominant color is yellow/green but there's blues, pinks and reds interspersed. Almost every acro head has a crab in it and most "host" damsels or hawkfish. Now that I've done a few shore dives with a guide, I'm looking forward to some unguided dives so I can search the bottom at my leisure.

Not much else to report. Hope all is going well with the club.

Larry

PS I don't have an underwater camera (yet) so you'll have to wait for photos or come see for yourself!

·
www.RMMAC.org Dreamer
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PS I don't have an underwater camera (yet) so you'll have to wait for photos or come see for yourself!
WHY DO YOU THINK I AM ASKING ABOUT THE GUEST HOUSE!!!

Any chance you will do me a favor and just try one of the disposable cameras to see if it would work? Please..........:cry:

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Thanks for the update on your life in Hawaii....but be nice to have God's reef for your viewing pleasure....:banana: :banana:

I would definitely take the that purple nudi as a sign!:D :beer:

The game was better than it read.....just imagine....sitting in your favorite chair, watching the purple stomp the snot out of the cheeseheads.....it was a beautiful day (no offense, Michael)....

:beer: :beer:

I still can't believe we allowed a cheesehead in the club. And we thought we were so "elite".

Anyway, glad to hear life is good Hawaii.....keep the updates coming - we miss you!

J.

·
www.RMMAC.org Dreamer
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on Larry. Post some pictures of dry land at least. Pictures of you so we know you are still alive. Pictures of the house, the view, beautiful ladies :drool:, you in a spedo with beautiful ladies :clown:

Jodi, as for you, I will just turn a deaf ear:rolleyes:

·
www.RMMAC.org Dreamer
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But she already knows she is a beautiful woman. She is :bigeek: and I tell her so every day.

I was just asking for Hawian beautiful women pictures to compare her to so she knows how great she really is :D

Hmmmm, maybe TRT should have a on-line swimsuit contest for all the members.

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Nice save, Michael....

BTW----you know how I feel about that rolling eyes smiley....;)

A swimsuit contest at TRT?? That might be a little scarey....

J.

·
www.RMMAC.org Dreamer
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yes Jodi, I know how you feel about :rolleyes: I am trying to do you a favor and desensitise you.
I think all of us guys would be a show stopper ;) in our swim suits. Not to mention we could probabbly knock a lot of water out of a pool, or a lake for that matter.:lol:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Oh yeah, almost forgot: no scanner, either. Maybe an address to mail some old fashioned photos to??

·
Registered
487 Posts
Kojak and Eddie are doing marvelous. Sheena went to the big dog house in the sky a couple months after I got here. She WAS 17 years old, afterall, and loosing her sight and her mind. I still miss her, though, as she was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever known.

NO to the new ones!! Two are plenty! Good to hear from you Duane; hope all is well with the 90 gallon money pit I gave you!!

Gotta get going. I'm headed off to the deeps again, this time in a place I haven't been yet!

Larry

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Hey Larry...so sorry to hear that Sheena crossed the rainbow bridge....

Jodi

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks Jodi. She's with Jasmin (I think her and Jazz hated to love each other...) now and both of them will be waiting for me when my turn comes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts