The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Oh I wish I was.......
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first I say 90ish because the tank was made 47inches long, but the other dims were the same as a 90. Anyway the tank is acrylic. my equipment list is: 8x39w t5's, 2x95w VHO (for actinic), ASM g2 skimmer, posidon t3 return, 2 seio m1500 for circulation,and a korallin 1502 calcium reactor. I have 6 3"fans on top of the tank for cooling the tank. Who says t5's don't produce heat :) My tank temp ranges from 77.5 at night to 84 on hot days. So here are a start to my pics:

It Begins

Just added live rock

With My first corals and fish

More corals, and a lot of growth

I will try to post my recent sps frag explosion. If I could only remember how to post pic from my trt gallery

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Water volume .... L x W x H divided by 231. You can also go to GARF.org. They have calculations for anything to do with a tank.

·
Oh I wish I was.......
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the kenya and xenia.. You know the xenia is down to 2 stalks, originally it spread like crazy, then it has slowly disappeared. I guess I am happy, but my wife and everyone who sees the tank look at the "stuff that moves" or "the green stuff (GSP)".

I calculated the volume once, I think it was 87 gal. If I can figure out how, I will post the pics from my gallery here and you can see some things that came from your tanks too. Most visible is the curse of pink palys! Those things spread all over. The more I trim them back the faster they spread!

·
Oh I wish I was.......
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here are a few recent pic. Rob from atlantis cursed me with the palys in the center. Started with 15, I had scraped these things almost completely out of the tank three times, but the come back with a vengance. At least they don't hurt the acros :)

Now these are almost two months old now. The chalice is forming a nice round plate now! My yellow digi is the slowest grower I have though.

·
Oh I wish I was.......
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Third pick upper left and center.. Not sure what they were called, but I am spreading the curse! I have given several members frags :)

·
Oh I wish I was.......
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
teach said:
Very nice. With all those frags in there, you'll have to upgrade in no time.

You see my plan is for my wife to tell me it is too full. Then to covince her an inwall tank would look much better than a bare wall. Of course, she will likely say to get rid of some stuff.

·
Oh I wish I was.......
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks ocnreef! I really need to take some pictures. I got some nice frags monday that I am quite proud of. I will wait to make sure they live before posting pics though!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
mecold said:
....but I am spreading the curse! I have given several members frags :)

:bigeek: Eek! You gave me some of those! LOL Hope they don't spread like the brown ones that came with my 75g. Already have enough of those!

And... great looking tank Paul! More pics! More pics! LOL

·
Oh I wish I was.......
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks, Here is a growth pic of my stag from atlantis

April 22

May 8

june 12

·
Shinigami-sama
743 Posts
It's time for some updated photos. It's been almost 6 months now!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I 2nd that proposal... The tank must be full of new stuff since these shots were taken!

·
Oh I wish I was.......
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ah so I have been a little slow :) Give me a couple minutes to see what I can do.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts