The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok- I wanted to get a second Clarkii Clown. Once I introduced it to the tank the Larger one, already in the tank, got all mean. She didn't stop chasing the new one all night. Per the advice of the guy at the LFS I tried to remove the aggressive one and let the other one settle in a little. The plan was to reintroduce the aggressive one after an hour of being in "time out" (in a fish bag as if he was coming home from the fish store.). Well I couldn't get either of the clowns out of my tank. I tried using brine as bait, but they are too chicken to go near the nets.

What should I do? Should I just leave them be and see what happens or continue to try to get the aggressive one out

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Well I can only speak for myself but I ended up bringing my clarkii back. It was attacking 2 percs and would have killed them, he just wouldn't stop and I tried reintroducing them and that didn't work either!!! Hope you have better luck then me.

G

·
dermp said:
Well I can only speak for myself but I ended up bringing my clarkii back. It was attacking 2 percs and would have killed them, he just wouldn't stop and I tried reintroducing them and that didn't work either!!! Hope you have better luck then me.
first off only 1 species of clowns per tank...secondly the biger one was just teaching the little one who the dominate fish is....eventually she will become accustomed....and the fighting will cease...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.