The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone;
I'm sure most of you know Ive been having trouble with my Nitrates. While I was in the process of trying to lower the Nitrates I found out my PH was low 7.8:cry: . I buffred the tank Sat and checked it today and it's now at 8.2.;) My MH came on about an hour ago and I can't help but notice the cpl of leathers I have are much happier(is there such a word). More color and more open:rotflmao: . I'm still working on the Nitrates and will continue to try my best to keeping them low:p .
Thanks
Patrick:banana:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Vinnie
I just responed to you on my other thread. I think your right. It's just going to take time and larger water changes. Oh yeah I love Triggers they have to be one of the coolest fish out there.
Patrick

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Patrick, it will be fine - - water changes are the best way to keep your tank in top shape - - and with the water changes you are adding back trace elements, etc. I bet the MHs look awesome!

HHC

·
11,345 Posts
I think having your nitrates at zero is way overrated for softy/lps tanks.Sure if your system is running perfectly and you are feeding correctly they will be, but i dont believe your softies will look any better with a reading of zero vs 30. Just my opinion and you know what those are like.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
i believe everyone is right, but having high nitrates could be a sign of bad husbandry, gettin the bio balls out will help, and maybe over feeding and over stocked, but as long as its stable, and the best thing about lowering your nitrates, if something goes haywire, they wont spike too high to kill something. if they are lower that is, if they are high, when something goes wrong, it can be much worse on everybody.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts