The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am now in a 66 gal, and am planning a move to 180. is the 66 too big for e refugium? in time I want 2 or 3 large tanks, with a refugium, but don't know when to incorporate the ref....any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
not at all. if it is laying around put water in it and call it a refugium.:D it really all depends on how much room you have. the bigger the refugium the more live food the display critters will get. i really do not think you can have one to big. it is just most people will want to make the display the biggest glass box they own, not the smallest.:D

G~

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, G. I think I just felt that having the 66 empty would have been a waste, but I'd never heard of anyone with a refugium that big.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm going through the same thought process. I'm a newbie and have a new 150g tank. There is a huge storage room underneath it in the basement and I am plumbing down into it for the sump / refug. The LFS guy helping me is putting together a 200g sump / refug. Apart from the cost and the add'l size of the equipment, can't see a lot of downside...

Then again, I am a rookie at this...

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts