The Reef Tank banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey Paul, yeah i needed a sump to house all of the strays my wife brings home from the beach. You would be surprised on all the critters she finds and wants to keep. Especially these knobbed whelk snails. Shes found 2 this year both still alive, only one had a pretty shell though, he is living in the sump now.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Little update we got rock in it finally. Ordered 70lbs of live gulf rock a couple of weeks ago and had it in a holding tank until i could get it aquascaped this weekend. Still long ways from having it complete but making progress at least.

Sorry about the blue pic havent built the top for it yet so only have a 48” t5, that the whites stopped working, on a 36” tank. The rock looks good. Not as good as some ive gotten in the past but still lots of life on it.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,704 Posts
🍿🍺👍
Hack

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
i should be picking up this monticap next weekend. Its roughly 8”x10”. Plan is to break it into large frags and place between the rocks so when if encrust and grows will help hold everything together and give it lots of caves and caverns along with breaking up the rock pile look.

·
15,704 Posts
Had a lap full of a large upside down banana split....so typing was tough.
Love the idea with the Monty spreading, and holding your rocks together. Had the same thoughts with our reef, but the softies don't hold stuff together too well.
Hack

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Almost scared the monticap will take over like gsp on the back of the nano but it what it is. Mmmmmm banana split sure sounds good.

·
15,704 Posts
......IT WAS! 👍
Hack

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I see you got some Turkey Wing Clams and a looks like a Lesser Starlet coral.
Hey Jerry yeah i actually had a bunch of turkey wing clams but knocked most off while aquascaping. I think the ones are left are still alive but not positive. The Starlet coral is bleached white so not sure if it will make it out not. There’s a few smaller ones here and there that I’m hopeful will grow.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,727 Posts
i should be picking up this monticap next weekend. Its roughly 8”x10”. Plan is to break it into large frags and place between the rocks so when if encrust and grows will help hold everything together and give it lots of caves and caverns along with breaking up the rock pile look. View attachment 241472
Huge score!!! That monti looks great! I think your plan will work fantastic, especially since monti's grow well. When I tore down my 125 to move into my 180 years ago my biggest problem was breaking all the rock apart because it was all fused together like that.

Whiskey

21 - 32 of 32 Posts