Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Upcoming meeting dates:

April - date, time, and where will be announced by Greg soon

(April 8th - E.B. speech in MN)

May - 20th: need a place to host

June - 17th: need a place to host

(June 23 - 25th - Foster & Smith conference)

July - 15th: need a place to host

August - 26th: need a place to host

We need someplace to host each of that meetings listed above. If anyone is intersted in hosting for any of the dates above, please pm Chazz or myself. Or, if anyone would like a meeting to be someplace special let us know where and, if arrangements need to be made. Thanks.

The meeting times will depend on who is hosting the meeting and will be determined once a host volunteers. If the meeting will be someplace 'special' or 'social', we will start the meeting at 2:00 pm.

Meetings will be one of the following: a 'discussion' meeting or, a 'speaker' meeting or, a 'social' meeting.

Once we have determined the host for a meeting, the meeting type will be announced along with the location and time. Please see the ECRC website and this forum for the updates.

If anyone has any interests for discussions or speakers, please pm Chazz or myself. I am currently working on finding two speakers/demonstrators for the upcoming meetings.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my "over-organized" skills! giggle

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey everyone... any comments about going to Onalaska for a meeting? I think it would be great to go there! Let's hear some comments though... please.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Host needed for the May meeting!

Mary is willing to come and speak/demo on 'Fragging 101' but, we need a place to have it where she can actually do the demo of it. This will be a FRAG SWAP. So, bring what you want Mary to frag please.

I also have another person that is willing to speak/demo about 'Tank Drilling/Plumbing' (with Superman) if we can come up with a couple of tanks to drill and a place to host.

I also have a topic discussion ready for 'SW Chemistry and Parameters'. So, we have three of the meetings listed covered for topics, speakers, and demos. Anyone have any specific topics/speakers/demo that they would like to have at a future meeting?

I'm working hard on getting our meetings to be more than a social event everyone. I hope this is what you all want the meetings to be about. Any comments?

·
Registered
247 Posts
sounds good to me so far, but I always enjoy a little socializing, too. :) Will Mary be demonstrating the best tools to use for different kinds of fragging, as well? I've been playing around with fragging using what I have now, but I'd like to know the best things (tools, brands, quality for the cost, etc.) to buy before jumping in any further.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
I would like to just do a simple "fragging for cheapies" like myself, the only true tools I own are a couple of pairs of bone cutters. Otherwise, it is mostly just razorblades, superglue, and the good ole powerfragger 1000 (hammer and concrete chisel).

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
I would love to see the demo on tank drilling. I've been thinking about figuring out how to drill my 45.

The best tools that I have used for fragging are either scissors or razor blade for softies, bone or wire cutters for branching LPS and SPS, and a dremel for non-branching LPS. Branching LPS and SPS can also just be broken apart with your hands as well.

I think all three topics would be great. And as of right now, I have all of those weekends available so I may finally be able to make it to some more meetings.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey Everyone!!!! ITs been a LONG while since I have been on this board, been really busy with work and end of college coming up. But I would love to host a meeting before I graduate and leave EC. Sooo, is it alright if I host the May meeting on Saturday the 20th? That is the date of my college graduation, and I am planning on having a small party with my family and close friends, and thought that hosting ECRC meeting the same day would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone (sorry PETA ;) ). What does everyone think? We could have the frag swap and fragging demo at my place as well. I don't have a ton of room, but I suppose I could fit a few people in my living room, kitchen, and basement.
Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks!!
David

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
May 20th meeting will be at Davids 'davidsreef' - "Fragging 101" by Mary 'mtfatwork' from the Twin Cities Marine Aquarium Society Club. See the Eau Claire Reef Club website for more information.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
It looks like there may be some interest in hosting a meeting at my place. I could host the Aug 26th meeting or possibly the June 17th one. I'd be especially interested in having the tank drilling demo at the same time.

BTW - I'm looking forward to the May 20th meeting. Thanks for hosting David

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.