The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey all. Marineduud aka Robert came through surgery just fine. He is doing very well. This was NOT the surgery on his neck that we have been anticipating....it was in fact, an unexpected emergency surgery necessary to help rid his body of a extremely infected gland located near his colon. It was abscessed and needed to be removed. He will be in the hospital until at least Monday. Hopefully they will be able to release him then,,,if not, it would be Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. He has to stay over the weekend to complete a necessary regiment of IV antibiotics to kill this infection and is on a morphine pump to manage his pain.

He is feeling much better, but very sore as to be expected after a surgery. Please just keep him in your prayers and try to be patient and understanding in any delay of returning phone calls/ answering emails/ or returning PM's. Thank you all so much for being so concerned for his well being...he should be back on his feet very soon.

Thank you,
Kelli

·
Registered
134 Posts
Robert

We are thinking and praying for you guys and hoping for the best!! PLEASE CALL me if you guys need ANYTHING!!

My boys were just asking when we were gonna to come over. They had soo much fun playing with your boys!!!

Get well buddy

your friend

Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kellie please pass my best wishes on to Robert and you and the boys. I know he must be impatient with the delay in getting at his tank! Hopefully you can convince him to take it easy and recover fully before he goes back at it!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I hope everything is going well.... let me know if you need help with anything. Robert has always been a good friend to me and Down Under and we would like to return the kindness...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good morning All. Thank you for your prayers and kind words of encouragement and offers of assistance...it means more than you all know. Robert is doing great, stitches and all are supposed to be removed today as well as the IV antibiotic, will now be switched to a pill form for both the antibiotic and something new for pain management. If all goes as planned, the Doc says he will be coming home tomorrow. I know that he will not only be happy to be back home, but to be back with the tanks and his mistress (the computer) lol. He has missed being online and being here to talk with everyone.

Again, Thank you for the prayers, patience, understanding, and support. It has meant so much and I truly believe that it has helped him in recovering more quickly than the doctor thought that he would. I am sure he will be back on here as soon as he gets home. Everyone enjoy whats left of the weekend. Thanks.

Kelli

1 - 12 of 12 Posts