The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a Tunze Turbelle Nano stream (my first of what I plan to be 2). And they said itd ship within 2 business days. Well I got an email today stating theyre backordered! I think thats pretty shady that I wasnt warned before time, and they let me proceed in buying these while theyre not even in stock.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,717 Posts
I agree with Fly,.. I bet if you ask they will give you a refund. I use MD all the time and have nothing but good things to say about them,... except I don't like the SCH 40 bulkheads they stock.

Once there was a mistake and they double billed and double shipped an order to me,.. I was upset and contacted them, they sent out a slip to get the extra box back, refunded the money for the second order box,.. AND also payed ALL the overdraft charges this created with my bank. This was all taken care of very quickly.

Whiskey

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
I've also had great luck with Marine Depot. When I ordered my TDS meter it wasn't in the box with everything else. They shipped one out right away

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
That's the pits that the hardware was out of stock, but it seems everyone has trouble keeping Tunze products around. Let Marine Depot know your frustrations, and I'm sure they'll do you right.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I dont think there is anything "shady" about it, things like this happen. Like a couple people have stated before, if you are not happy get in touch with them and cancel the order and place it someplace else. I have ordered many many times from MD and have never had a problem.

·
Administrator
46,839 Posts
The original ship date was probably optimistically made to coincide when they would have the product, it would appear that they didn't get them when promised either

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
depending on when the web database syncs with the actual instock database, there could be double billing on an item. it just happens. i have ordered many things from MD, actually have a couple of pumps arriving today from them, and have not had a problem. you just happened to pick a very popular item now that is flying off of the shelves. hard to keep perfect inventory on items like that.

G~

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Nevermind...I found it...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=827 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD width=298 bgColor=#eeeeee>
MODEL
</TD><TD align=middle width=191 bgColor=#eeeeee>
DIMENSIONS
</TD><TD align=middle width=191 bgColor=#eeeeee>
FLOW RATE
</TD><TD align=middle width=137 bgColor=#eeeeee>
POWER ABSORBED
</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#eeeeee>
KORALIA 1
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#eeeeee>
2.25" x 5"
400 gph
3.5 W
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>
KORALIA 2
</TD><TD align=middle>
2.875" x 5.875"
</TD><TD align=middle>
600 gph
</TD><TD align=middle>
4.5 W
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>
KORALIA 3
</TD><TD align=middle>
2.875" x 5.875"
</TD><TD align=middle>
850 gph
</TD><TD align=middle>
6.5 W
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>
KORALIA 4
</TD><TD align=middle>
3.25" x 6.25"
</TD><TD align=middle>
1200 gph
</TD><TD align=middle>
8.5 W
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Happens all the time (not just with MD) but like the others have said, I've ordered from them plenty of times and their customer service is actually really helpful. Have you considered changing your order to the Hydor Koralia 1's?

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=HD19101

Those look sweet, but has anyone had experience with those? That does look better than a $73 powerhead lol.

As for the MD Customer service, I emailed em, and they emailed practically right back, said my paypal would be refunded. I'll definitely buy the Tunzes from them, but Im moving on wednesday, which means I could use that $73 for the next couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
They supoosedly had a recall of the Koralia 2 and 3 models, but I have heard nothing but good things about these powerheads.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts