The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry everyone, I tried to merge the original thread to the "our first group buy" thread and then realized that was too confusing. This is Scott's original post.
Hello "Aquarium Club" finally got some time to work out a system to do this that we think is going to benefit everyone.

ORA has great corals, they come fully encrusted on a frag plug, are hardy , and are some of my favorites in the hobby. Prices will be pm'd upon request and prices will also be given based on when you are going to pick up the coral... delivery day- Wednesday 12 or Thursday 13-Thursday 20 (let me know when you will pick up in your contact). The availability list is as of last week so i cannot assure you every coral will come in and if not i am sorry and we will be getting in extra corals for the store and will offer you one of these at the same discount to compensate for your specific one not being available.

If you request a coral to be ordered please realize to get the discount you have to pick up the coral in the time specified.

If you request a coral to be ordered please do not back out of the deal. We would like to continually offer more deals and specials for the club, but will not be able to do so if left with extra overstocked corals.

Softies

Xenia
Red Sea Pom Pom Xenia Limit 2
Green Polyp Leather
Long Polyp Leather
Sinularia
ORA Toadstool

Hard Corals

new releases

Phil’s Granulosa Limit 1
Dustin’s Deepwater Acro Limit 1

Orange Capricornis Limit 1
Purple Capricornis Limit 1
Spongodes Limit 2

Duncanopsammia (LPS) 5-7 polyps

Anacropora
Blue Tortuosa
Bali Slimer Limit 1
Chips Acropora
Roscoe’s Blue Acropora

Green Damicornis
Pink Damicornis Limit 1
Pink & Green Damicornis
Green Stylophora

Green Birds Nest
Pink Birds Nest
Hyacinth Birds Nest
Elkhorn Montipora
German Blue Polyp Digitata
Orange Digitata Limit 1

Rose Millepora
Blue Millepora (slightly off color)
Pink Millepora
Nathan’s Green Millepora

Australian Delicate
Miami Orchid

Turquoise Stag
Stuber Staghorn (Heirloom coral)
Tri –Color Valida

Marshall Island Yellow Fuzzy
Marshall Island Mystery Pink Limted

Ok guys check this site for the looks of the mother colonies (they use natural light) www.orafarm.com. The new and limited corals are a little hard to find but keep an eye on liveaquaria's diver's den to get the idea (the two new ones we're putting up are both supposedly very nice I haven't personally seen them). The limited corals will be offered to the first private message. if they receive the price and accept- the coral will be theirs, if not the next in line will be contacted. As corals are no longer available I will post the ones that are gone.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Order will be sent out @ 10am Tuesday March the 10th.
there are also clams to be discounted and they are ORA first grade Maximas.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
yup... just placed my order... thanks Scott!!! Also tell Craig we said a BIG THANKS!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
the price difference between wed and Thurs-Thurs pick up is approximately $5. Just let me know when you will pick up in your PM and I will send you the price for that pickup day.

Tom, Hoang, Tony, and Scott(of course i had to get in on this too :)) have all already ordered corals and/or clams!!!

Good night, i will respond to any more pms from tonight tomorrow after the Clemson v. Va. Tech basketball game.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Store hours are Tues-Thurs 12-6, and Fri,Sat 12-7. If you cannot make it Wednesday by 6 I could make arrangements to stay a few extra minutes(if i know you will be there)for those of you working the 9-5 in spartanburg or seneca.

thanks,

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
woot woot! what a game.(graciously received great tickets and a parking pass for free:)) now to do a water change and back to my usual sunday tank chores.

Traci with the looks of your new tank build you will be more than ready to start stocking up by the next group buy!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
For further clarification of the group buy discount policy:

We cannot offer corals for pick and choose at the discount price. We will only order what you specifically intend to buy to prevent overstocking.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is a fantastic opportunity folks! Take advantage of this great deal, but also keep in mind that you need to buy whatever you order.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
This is a fantastic opportunity folks! Take advantage of this great deal, but also keep in mind that you need to buy whatever you order.
And big emphasis on the latter part of the statement... DON"T BACK OUT LEAVING OF WITH ALOT OF OVERSTOCK THAT THEY ARE STUCK WITH.. please, this only benefits us in the future...

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
final order update here's what I have and who's responsible, speak now or yell at me later bc your coral didn't come in.

Tdwyatt-weekend pickup?
hawkins blue echinata(1), maxima first grade (1)

Vjoe-wednesday pickup
bali slimer(1), Marshall Island Yellow fuzzy (1)

Joker- weekend pickup
stuber stag(1), blue mille (1)

hng- wednesday pickup
stuber (1), aussie delicate (1), maxima clam (1)

tony- wednesday pickup
maxima clam (1), ordering one extra pink mille (i think it is the scripps my bad but if not you don't have to take it... i'm getting one too)

ron- weekend pickup
maxima clam (1), sqamosa2in (1),derasa thick stripe(1)

if i am missing anything or anyone please let me know asap.

Thanks to everyone for the orders and the cooperation, now for us to do our part and get em in healthy and warm!!!

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks so much to Craig and Scott for getting this group buy together!

I can't wait to pick up my new friends tomorrow. Pics will be posted as soon as then get into the tank (after treatment with Interceptor and iodine - no, I don't have a QT tank).

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Hey "aquarium club",

Quick update that I hope doesn't throw too big a monkey wrench in everyone's plans. The corals were ordered and all seemed to be in stock, by the salespersons account, but the processing time for ORA is 48 hours (this was a miscommunication between me and craig) so the delivery date for pickup will be Thursday instead of Wednesday.

Sorry guys if there is anything i can do other than get the corals here tomorrow for you let me know.

Thanks,

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
ewwww... i'm not sure i will be able to make it Thursday or not, if not it will have to be Saturday... I have to specifically ask to get off at a certain time and you have to ask Monday morning (unless of emergency)

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ooh...I had definitely planned on doing this wednesday. I can't pick up the corals until after 5 PM on Thurs, but I will see what I can do.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Sorry guys.

The turn-around for our normal orders is 24 hours, ORA orders are 48. Because of this mistake i will give the Wednesday pickup price through Saturday, hopefully this will allow everyone to come in and pick up their corals for the extra discount price.

If you would like to still pick up your coral the day they arrive... now on Thursday, let me know and i will leave them in the heated insulated box until you can make it. My corals will be in the box until 7:30pm when I get home. I have done this before and the corals have always done great.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks again,

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
I will be by Thursday, it actually is the only dy I have off at a decent time this entire week, so this works out for me.

Any Idea about what time they'll be in?

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Leave mine in the box please, I should be by before you close. I might pick up Tom's stuff too (will need to confirm with him first)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts