The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok there was an offer from a first time poster on RM to host it.. does anyone know him her by any chance? i have PM'd him on RM to see if he is still wanting to host it, if not... any takers?

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
A meeting would be a great idea. Maybe we should see about picking a day and location so we can spread the info around. Then, maybe we can set up some kind of promotional event, like a group buy or a speaker?

Directions for March meeting on 3/15/2008 at 6:00 PM at Joe's house

I live close to BMW at 1345 S Danzler rd Duncan SC 29334. Take the Hwy 101 exit off I-85 towards Woodruff. Turn left at Rogers Bridge rd, Turn left at Duncan Reidville Rd, Turn Right at Danzler Rd, 3rd house on right. Just accross from a business called IDC, parking would be best at IDC.
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
i know Joe!
he is a great guy w/ a very cool aquarium and home.
I am glad he decided to be part of the club.

His aquarium is a 36x30x30 mixed reef

Scott

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
i'd be willing to get together a frag demonstration for sps and i think ron and his wife are the local softy gurus so maybe we could set up a frag station and give away the frags and let everyone try and take home the actual frag they made. I could get a couple of big pieces in on the order nearest to the meeting and bring them for demonstration/ sharing purposes. maybe a large green leather, and a large bali mariculture ultra acro. I'm sure Craig could order those in with the club in mind. I could take care of them for two weeks/ with the apropriate dips and acclimation and everyone could take a piece home? maybe a donation jar to cover the cost of the corals and frag plugs/ disks, or five dollars per piece or something. i have the sps/zoa equipment, anyone got the softy stuff to bring, and a small table?

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Joe still seems interested he posted on the monkey this morning.

http://www.reefmonkey.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=12000&highlight=
Cool! Well, unike some other sites, I won't erase the link to another forum and go off on people :rolleyes:. I think a fragging event would be great. Since we don't ask for member dues, we could just ask for $5 or $10 a person for the cost of the coral. That would still be a very good price for a frag. I would be OK with helping to donate glue and plugs and stuff like that.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think he said he would like to host it on the 15th...

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Hey, I got a cool idea for each meeting. Reefermadness has a special where you can get 20 frags of whatever for $200 with free shipping. If we could have 20 people at each meeting willing to pay $10 each, we could have a frag fest each meeting. People will draw for frags like a lottery and then can trade if they pick something they already have. I also liked Scott's idea of ordering one or two big corals and then fragging it out. Geez, there are just so many ideas out there.

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Hoang, that would work and some of us will be able to tell you how well it works first hand after the CMAC meeting next Saturday. That is exactly what they are doing. To make things even better, you can arrange with Reefer Madness to do it as a group order and they will give us a code we can use to buy things and add them to the club order so everyone gets free shipping out of the deal. :)

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that would be fun Hoang, we could do the mixed frag pack. i know some of the members aren't into SPS, but are into softies a great deal and others (including me) are more into stonies, than softies, lets discuss it at the next meeting and see what kind of response we get

·
Registered
73 Posts
New to the site

I just got in to this site, and am really excited about learning more about upkeep on my tank and meeting the people in the area. I work a crazy schedule and its hard to get the time to go to meetings, so I have cheated the system and picked my own date. I would love to have everyone over on March 15th around 6pm for the next meeting. I really like all the ideas on this forum and I hope it turns out to be a great meeting.

So far response is fantastic and I'd love a huge crowd. Its easy to get to near BMW, I-85 in Duncan. 1345 S Danzler Rd

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Joe has shown! Welcome to TRT and PMAC!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
20 freaky frags for $210. if they are just like loosey's from their stock tanks then yuck, but if they are bonafide quality aquacultured frags then awesome.

aquawolf-letting us know how it goes. this would be greatly appreciated info.

and we could add two larger pieces for the demo lol but that would be expensive from those guys.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
he has a pick of the tank up now.
i will steal it too from the monkey.

bwahahahahah!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
this is all in fun i do not know James and am not affiliated with any forum other than being a member, I'm just having a bit of lighthearted fun. I enjoy three different forums where i get a lot of info and have a lot of fun. if there are bad attitudes i step out.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL, you live like almost right behind my shop... i work at Engineered Systems

1 - 20 of 137 Posts