The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right found out I had a mantis shrimp in my tank don't want in there because of CUC shame because I do like him he has not killed any snails or anything I've bought yet. So found a knew home for him but can't catch him set traps near is whole nuffin in the end I thought FW dip with some soda as well had the net ready to get him but he didn't come out 2 days now clicking has stopped did I kill him I hope not I only dip it for like 2mins. Or.... Is he just hiding and hoping I will give up?

·
Export with Care!
6,789 Posts
What kind of soda? Not familiar with a dip method using soda.
2 mins is a good soak might have killed him.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sparkling water. Lfs said its a good way because of the co2 and then read on net bout people doing it so thought I'd give it a go.

·
Export with Care!
6,789 Posts
Sparkling water. Lfs said its a good way because of the co2 and then read on net bout people doing it so thought I'd give it a go.
Okay, ya can't say if that is good or bad. I am a dipsh... Dip ignorant ;) haha

·
Poseidon
560 Posts
Think ive found a baby mantis shrimp in my tank, noticed him crawl into a hole and i do keep hearing clicking noises when lights are out. Any tips on this one? >.< Have you caught yours yet? i dunno what to do

·
Poseidon
560 Posts
annoying thing is im so happy with my rock lay out and i saw him go into a rock at the bottom of it which would mean dismantling the whole tank -.- thats if it even was a mantis shrimp, it looked like a centerpede, is there anything else that could be making the noise? I know pistol shrimps do also. But i would think if it was a mantis shrimp my baby shrimps i have in the tank would of been eaten by now? Not added any rock for atleast 2 months so he would of had plenty of time to catch one of them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had one in my tank! It was very annoying, it was attacking my coral, and killed my baby picasso when it was sleeping. I was so frustrated! I got the live rock it was in, took it out of the water let it sit on the towel and it came crawling out, then i killed it. I hope it burns in hell for killing almost everything in my tank :mad:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have a Peacock mantis in a slave tank down stairs..... all ya gotta do is go to the seafood counter at your grocery store, and get raw table shrimp, thaw it out, put it on a pair of tongs or something, and coax the little buggar out.... this is how i feed mine once every week, mine will chase the shrimp around the tank untill i let him have it.... at that point, just catch it in the net....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did catch mine put the rock in freshwater and sparkiling water it didn't come out a week later the clicking started again god knows what he was doing in that week b4 that he clicked non stop!! This time I poured sparkling water down the hole I saw him go in tip it on its side so not to push him deeper in the rock he crawled out and took him to lfs mine was a baby to wish I could have kept him

1 - 10 of 10 Posts