The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband's tank at work has had a mantis shrimp suddenly appear from his live rock. It's eating everything - does anyone have a suggestion of what to do with this thing? Anyone want it if we can catch it? Do you think a LFS will take it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
If it has a nice color I'm sure someone will want it, even if it's not I'm sure you can find a home.

As for catching it try to find out which rock it lives in then remove it to a bucket, when it comes out (you may have to bait it) take the rock and put it back in the tank.

·
Registered
802 Posts
If you find a taker please let me know .... I have one to give away as well. Some folks will say to kill it ..... I won't take that approach.... They are really fascinating creatures. Maybe one of the LFS could set up an interesting creature tank for us all ;-}.

·
Registered
160 Posts
They will fight! Mantis will hunt/kill each other

I put a copperbanded shrimp in my nano, or I would definitly take one, wish I could undo that purchase, mantis are WAY more cool than copperbanded

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.