The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all. Mild here and supposed to stay that way through the week. No real cold weather until later next week. Just part of the joys living where I do. If the jet stream is below us we freeze - of it drifts north we don’t.

Manic Monday relates to what I see coming today. We had some strange issues with hot water in the hotel that aren’t logically explained. Rooms with no hot water but all the boilers are running well. Going to be a lot of running to sort this one out. The rooms are almost random - wierd.

At any rate, have a good day.

· Administrator
20,815 Posts
Top of the *orning Rick, and All to follow. Saw this just in ti*e as I was writting *y own 'good *orning thread'....now to figure out how to get back there and X it out?

HAPPY ONDAY Y'ALL! 52 heading to 54F here as well......war! Coffee is up, and so*e for* of cookies...eventually.

Hope the answers fall into place quickly for you at the hotel this *orning. If not....just point to the Guy behind you and slip into the crowd. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Peace,
Hack

· Retired Wanderer
22,693 Posts
Wow near collision morning.

Nice average temps here with no precipitation.

My boss is having accounting cut me a check today and apologized for the screw up.

Winning the football pool at my old Colorado job regardless of the Monday night outcome.

Enjoy the day!

· Super Moderator
35,863 Posts
Good mawnin’, Birthday- Boy Rick, Hack, Perry, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and cookies, Hack. I’ll add orange sections, apples and Nanners to go along with toasted English muffins with a variety of toppings.

Rick, that’s a heck of a way for your days your birthday to get started at the hotel. I like Hack’s plan of pointing to the person behind you.🤣

Hack - hope your day is not the frozen variety.

Perry, that is great news and a great response from your boss!

OK I better hurry up and post a happy birthday thread for Rick.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,961 Posts
Good morning everyone.
It sounds like you have some work to do Rick. Happy birthday 🎉
I was looking at the status of my Home Depot order the Heater. Still no updates. Bad business.
Have a great day

· Super Moderator
33,961 Posts
After you make a big purchase like that you almost want the power to go out just so you can use it! How was capacity? it kept up OK? Was it a night time outage or day time?
It’s can run everything. Power goes off for a few seconds. To make sure it’s not just a flicker , then kicks on. When power come back on its switch’s back to power and generator turns off. You don’t notice it at all when back on power . Only sound of generator shutting down.

· Super Moderator
24,485 Posts
Late morning all,

Been up early as usual, thanks to my fairly accurate alarm clock long dawg Max 🙄. Been looking /hoping for an adjustment knob on him to get mebbe a hr more sleep than the usual 5-5:15 wake up times he offers.

Job list today had me taking the 3 antique wooden wall mount telephones that were in dad’s garage and in the house, Sis n nephews did not desire them so I take over stewardship. Will keep one, give one to my old work/fellow old radio collector buddy, and car swap meet the 3rd one in the spring.

Them it was clean up/put stuff away/where it belongs in the shop time. Having mom’s Keurig in the shop helps keep me productive out there.
Rounded up all the trailer ratchet straps/tie downs, rolled em up nice and wrapped with some tape to make em nice n neat,,,, so I can remove the tape next time I used em, and repeat the process once again some point in the future, sigh.

Filled the empty wild boid feeders, was nary a seed to scrounge yesterday and expected blue jays, cardinals and the rest of em picketing at the back door this morning. Even the squirrels n rabbits were looking at me doing a “aHEM” when pickings were slim.

Took in some lunch and a recliner reboot,,, better get back to “work”…before the recliner convinces me otherwise .

Hope everyone is having a great day!👍🏼

· Administrator
61,346 Posts
Aftereve Gang, off work, cold and damp day. Another sunny in a spot and meters away it id dark, gloomy and rain. Then we go a brisk wing from H that had a nasty bite to it. Feelin a little tun down and with the crappy weather my SAD is realy going to kick in. I wonder if ACE has T12 6500K 4' flourescent bulbs for my fixture?

· Super Moderator
33,961 Posts
Doug not sure if Home Depot sells T12’s . Last time I looked in our they didn’t. I was also looking for daylight T5 and they have the new LEDs that fit in the old fixtures

· Administrator
20,815 Posts
Hey Friends.....even that 'newly OLD one'.....welcome to tonight.

Got a HOT Dutch Apple Pie fresh out the oven.....can't begin to imaging how fine that would taste if'n someone had some Hot Chocolate w/ tiny marshmallows to go along with it.....Cath.

Was a warm day at the creek that felt COLD. Low 50's, but a North wind blowing cross the water driven by 25-30mph winds, just doesn't feel like the 50's.

Been a while Doug since I've seen any t-12's round these parts. And t-8's have all but disappeared.....like Vinnie said, they're stuffing the tubes with LEDs now. I think I have a box, probably not full though, of 4' t-12's in the 6500k realm. I'll have to check.

Pie has cooled just long enough.....my lips have to verify for Y'All's safety,
Hack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts