The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on the net I stumbled across this thread for mangroves in the actual aquarium (not the refugium). I think it looks awesome but as I am the newby I want to ask the following

Will The Over Run A Tank?

Are The Reef Friendly?

Are They Poisonous To Inverts Or Fish That May Take A Nibble Or Two Out Of Them?

What Care Do They Need?

They Say It CAN replace a Skimmer is this true ??

J:read::banana::freak:

·
Zombie Maker
872 Posts
No
Yes
No
They need to have the leaves sprayed with ro water to remove salts
No, they require nutrient to have already broken down in order to get to them, skimmer remove organics before that.

What your looking at is a saltwater planted tank.... Whole other ball game.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No
Yes
No
They need to have the leaves sprayed with ro water to remove salts
No, they require nutrient to have already broken down in order to get to them, skimmer remove organics before that.

What your looking at is a saltwater planted tank.... Whole other ball game.
Okay kool won't even attempt to dabble just thought it was a nice plant life in the tank

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
M I N I O N has a mangrove tank, you might want to PM him about how he does it and if it is worth it. They do look pretty cool. When I have 5 tanks :rolleyes: one will be a planted Biotope.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
M I N I O N has a mangrove tank, you might want to PM him about how he does it and if it is worth it. They do look pretty cool. When I have 5 tanks :rolleyes: one will be a planted Biotope.
I don't want a planted tank just thought they would help with water purity since I'm not running a sump/refugium

1 - 6 of 6 Posts