The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a green mandarin in a 150 gallon reef tank. The tank has been up for about 6 years. I just got the manadrin about 6 months ago. He has been doing great, although I don't see him a whole lot. The last several days he has been out a LOT. Just swimming around and sitting on the bottom. Very usual. He looks great, in fact with him out swimming around I got some great pics of him. But I am concerned that this new behavior means that he is not finding enough pods to eat and he is in search of food.

Other than recent bulb changes (MH and CF) no changes to the environment.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
in a 150 you shouldnt be having trouble with the populations...that is if you have at least 120 pounds of liverock...either way they eat an amazing amount of them...then only thing i can think of is adding some tigger pods or something or making some pod stations (rock rubble in a net that big fish cant get into but the pods can)if u didnt know LOL..well best of luck there one of my favorite fish and i wish i had more advice for ya! -drew

(then again there might not be a problem at all and hes just comfortable in the tank now? but who knows)

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
Mine has times when he is very curious and visible and times when I don't see him for days. I never worry about it. I would keep a mental note of how he looks each time you see it and make sure that it is not getting thinner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.