The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have a majano anemone hitchiker. It was attached to one of the pieces zoo rock from Captive bred corals. Lisa and I both developed one. It seems to move around a lot but hasn't produced any offspring. As it gets larger it looks almost like e.quadricolor and it doesn't have any swollen tips. I will send out pictures tonite to confirm id.
Anyone had a bad experienced with these?

Ray

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I will post pics. I guess I didn't realize what I had until I went to Under the Wave. They have some in a pica reef tank on their desk. They said it isn't really a good thing to have in a main tank and now I see the threads about them being bad.

Ray

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
A friend of mine had them taking over in his tank. Peppermints will NOT eat these. He used Seachem Reef Complete in a hypodermic to nuke 'em all. He got rid of all but one or two that he couldn't reach, and he had them in plague proportions. Make sure you inject the column (don't poke the syringe all the way through the tissue) and fill 'em up - that will take care of them. You can also try a thick kalkwasser paste, but I find that the Reef Complete is just as effective and a lot less messy, and less corrosive. This works on Aiptasia, as well as Anemonia.

HTH

Jenn

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AGain I forget to take a picture. It has bubbly tips green arms with purple tips. Actually I took the picture and forgot to post it while I was at home. (One day I will get that chew gum and walk thing right)

Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.