The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
34,741 Posts
i have done it several times. once from a wholesaler. not to happy with these critters. also from marinedepotlive. so far all are healthy from here. LFS around here are a little outrageous. put it this way. sea hare from marinedepot $12, from LFS $35. granted they were different species, but none are really hard to find or catch!:D

the important thing is to pay attention to the shipping costs, this is what may get you. i have found that if i am ordering over $50 worth of critters then it is cheaper for me to buy online than LFS. plus the LFS seems to get their critters from a cyanide wholesaler.:(

G~

· Registered
607 Posts
Hey,

I ordred from the old FFE, and was very impressed with the quality and shipping of the fish. Problem is, in order to make it worthwhile you need to order a good amount, but of course adding many fish at once do no good. While I don't have a problem with the LFS prices around here I did have a problem with their quality, which is why I decided to try FFE.

· Sumpless and Proud
1,370 Posts
I've received fish from Flying Fish Express (before they got bought by liveaquaria), Reeftopia and Jeff's Exotic Fish. Overall very satisfied. It works best if you can pool an order with fellow hobbiests and split the shipping costs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.