The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mad scientists lair!

The mad scientists lab! My food factory and my sepecies specific (dwarf seahorses) micro reef. Left bright tank is 10 gal overflowing into a 35 gal sump. Tank on left 10 gal (plenty of cops amd micro algea here)250 MH light live sand, Fuji live rock. 2 Spawning camelback shrimp pls coral frags for grow out. 35 galSump has 25 lbs Fuji rock..homemade trickledown (ceiling tiles and practice plastic golf balls) and 5 prolific species of Macro algea (thanks Floridapets.com). Magdrive 350 return.. and a cheepie power head to help circulation . Rots..Cops and tons of other flora and fauna. Brineshrimp hatchey is on table in fishbowl with 7 gal brine growout on milk crate. Air gang located directly above.

The topic of refuge! WOW. Well this little bio lab is kind of a refugueum for me! I get so deep into mirco culture that It's sure to bore any stray family members (hence very low traffic) . Refugeums are a great idea and as far as I would say essential to growing any extra micro flora and faunna. A standard 1.023 SG is easlilly maintained and its sure helpfull in adding and removing water (no disturbances in the live sand or coral frags in the 10 on top.
Micro reef setup and sump also important part of feeding and growing out items for my show tank upstairs:) Sure to fascinate family members and guests.. (hence high traffic)

Always looking for friendly mail and looking to trade coral frags..etc... Jerry closeup pics of the grow out are Seahorse stable and sump are availiable for anyone interesed..

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get so deep in thought sometimes the typos just flow like seawater..... Thanks a lot for the replys and I'll check out your setups too!
Jerry Aquaculture+

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Hmmmmm been a while since I updated my tank specs also.... Thanks for the reminder....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts