The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I played with the macro lense with the tank. Here are a few shots of Lenny the blenny that I thought you'd enjoy. I'm still trying to decide which I should submit to the calendar... you can see them all by clicking on the link in my sig... these two will be added shortly as well.

Attachments

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D thanks all!

·
Registered
317 Posts
not much of a macro, but a close-up, I'd say. I miss him so much.. (dissapeared; no body found, no nothing. Just.. gone..)

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh he's cute! Will you get another?

Tims, it is a Canon Rebel XT with a 100mm macro lense. You can see more of my pics in the link in my sig.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I dont think I will.

Mine was a great model citizen; so much so that it wasnt until I started reading more about him that I learned they are clam/sps nippers. I dont want to risk it happening in the future. I guess this will reserve a space for him as my only bicolor :~)

·
Registered
328 Posts
DebsSisterFlo said:
oh he's cute! Will you get another?

Tims, it is a Canon Rebel XT with a 100mm macro lense. You can see more of my pics in the link in my sig.
my buddy has one of those cameras, and he's still learning it. I want a nikon d50slr :drool: :drool:

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
confused... this is a macro lense so I need to be pretty close. It's best to be as straight on as possible with a macro, but for full tank shots you want to be at an angle to the glass otherwise you'll get glare. With this kind of camera (slr) it is a great idea to have a hood on the end of the lense, then you put the hood flat against the glass for the best possible pics... so, you'd think I'd have a hood! Working on it... soon...

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
great shots flo!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts