The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gumhead,
I just bought a new digital camera with 10x optical zoom and I can't get near that close a macro pic how do you do that? With photo editing software? Or do I need to spend $5,000 not $500 on a camera?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I bought an Olympus C-740 ultra-zoom 2 days ago. It has 10x optical zoom and 30x optical + digital zoom. It is a 3.2 mp with a xd picture card. On high resolution it will take 8 pics on the included 16 mb card and 150 pics on the lowest resolution. There is a 256 mb card available for an additional $120. The camera was $499 and comes with a usb cable to download pics to my computer. So far I like it ok but I think maybe I should've spent a little more to maybe get a better one. I still can't get the macro pics I would like to get. I want a camera that almost has x-ray vision I wanna get that close. Any ideas of such a camera? I have 2 weeks if I wanna trade up to a better camera.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Joel I have the same camera you need to spend about 800 to get the shots you want this camera just wont do it:(

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
I looked up your camera and it would seem the C740uz is more then capable of taking macro pictures. I'm not familiar with the camera but there must be some way to "turn on" the macro mode. Do you have the manual?

The camera has a macro focus range of 3 cm
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Olympus/oly_c740uz.asp

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Gumhead the Macro mode is a button you push to get a little flower in the veiwfinder that is Macro mode it still doesnt take the quality I think he is looking for and I have tried about 3000 shots:) I think my next camers will be a Nikon for about $800:)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
yea the tripod helps alot I just need to replace the one I broke:)
I havent tried the manual focus good idea:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.