The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
Joined
·
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here we go guys and gals. Some of this will be good and some will be boring but think we need to send our little group of folks to MACNA in September. No matter what happens during the day we can do our little TRT thing at night and find decent food and have a great time.

Here is the link: http://www.macnaxviii.com/

I know at least two of us driving and we will fetch you at Dallas Fort Worth or in Houston to save some coin on the connecting flight. One car is of adequate acceleration and hopefully one that is much more adequate for rapid transit duty is rumored to possibly be at your service.

Houston is within striking range of a lot of us and hope to see you there. At least one Beemer will be in the parking lot.

Hopefully someone familiar with the town will know a place to eat. Also, someone really familiar might have a place to board Blitz the wonder dog. If not I can leave her up here but hope to take her along.

This will happen to take the place of the September Southeast thing, but a bunch of TRT folks in a strange town is not necessarily all bad. :D
 

·
Retired Wanderer
Joined
·
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
dobejazz said:
Perry you are like dust in the wind :)
No tie downs have positives and negatives...got some coin and vacation time and it is nice to be able to make snap decisions.

See a few of you at MACNA. I hope that Houston is not so **** hot this time through. If no one else goes what am I supposed to do and bring home to TRT? I am sure some of this will be boring and some will be awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
I have been going for the past few years, but I will skip this year's. I know the club in Houston is a group of very nice guys, but the only way I justified it to myself to go in the past was by having enough interesting and applicable speakers and subjects. Not the case this year at all. Heck, last year was the same for that matter. So many of this topics have so little applicability to 99.99% of reefers is hard to see many people going to those. The vendor hall is nice, but 99% of it is stuff you have seen or know about. The other 1% is some nice lifestock and a few overpriced equipment dealers.

I seriously hope that MACNA in the years to come focuses back on the guys at home with reef tanks trying to improve their skills and their tanks and know-how.
 

·
Retired Wanderer
Joined
·
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heard that a very smart guy might be going....he might be able to translate this stuff for us and he is great to have a beer with. Just some rumor though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,355 Posts
YOU MEAN DICK WILL BE THERE THIS YEAR???


:D



I will certainly enjoy seeing him there, and I hope that the info this year will be exceptional, this IS Eric's home base...


I will definitely plan on being there this year.
 

·
Retired Wanderer
Joined
·
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hrmm...now just gotta figure out a good local dive to eat at.

Wow 1822 miles each way though....now flying seems like it might be a better idea. That is pretty much 24 hours each way in the beemer and 65 gallons of gas each leg.

Time to check out the travel sites.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,510 Posts
Now that I am in Kansas, Houston is not that far away and i have a great friend from my childhood tha I keep in touch with there all the time. HMMM maybe... let me see it sure sounds fun!

Vince... how is it only 6 hours...are you talking about driving it in 6 hours???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,355 Posts
Phishnoob said:
Hrmm...now just gotta figure out a good local dive to eat at.

Wow 1822 miles each way though....now flying seems like it might be a better idea. That is pretty much 24 hours each way in the beemer and 65 gallons of gas each leg.

Time to check out the travel sites.
Hmmm... about as far as the Keys are from here...

mapquest said:
Total Est. Time: 14 hours, 55 minutes Total Est. Distance: 974.15 miles
Should be a NICE ride!
 

·
Retired Wanderer
Joined
·
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do go right through Kansas though...wonder if we have any TRT folks there ;)
 

·
Retired Wanderer
Joined
·
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only 279 bucks round trip from Salt Lake via air...and that is only a 3 hour drive from here. Way cheaper than driving and saves quite a few miles on the odometer. Piling them up already on the Beemer.

Looks like flying it is Tom and coming in late Thursday and leaving Monday morning or maybe Sunday afternoon. I'll pm you when the times gets closer.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top