The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
waiting for zooplankton
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, thanks to a careless moving company and an awesome wife I get to join in the fun. The tank is being delivered tomorrow at noon. For any of you who didn't my other thread the mover broke my 65 and the wife said it was a great time to upgrade.
The plan:
220 corner flow tank stand and canopy
2-250 mh and 2-96 attinic (from the 65)
40-50 gallon sump (she wont let me put holes in her new floor)
mag 18 return pump
about 150lbs of live rock to start (from the 65)
160lbs of sand for a deep sand bed
some sort of power heads

inhabitants (she usually picks all this stuff)
lots of soft corals
tangs
firefish
gobies
tons of snails
not sure what else

I will post pics as soon as i get the tank, Matt

·
waiting for zooplankton
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so we went last night and bought a mag 24 for the return pump, 110 lbs of base rock, and a coralife 4x96 watt pc with moonlights. got alot going on here trying to set up 4 tanks unpack a house and start an office for my company, so not alot of time, gonna try to plumb the 220 this weekend. i will post pics as i set everything up

·
waiting for zooplankton
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok went to lowes tonight and bought all the fittings and the rubbermaids i am using for a dual sump. dumb me bought all 3/4" return fittings and the return is 1" guess i gotta go back and swap it all out. since i have to go back would 1 1/4" drains be better even though the bulkhead is 1" internal? would it help increase flow to the sump?

·
waiting for zooplankton
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok switched out all the fittings. now 1" returns and 1 1/4"drains. also bought 4 bulkheads to hook the two sumps together. The plan is to put the drains, skimmer, heater, and all the other junk into one sump and fill the other full of liverock and the return pump

1 - 20 of 124 Posts