The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased that 90 gallon setup off of ebay it came with a couple of fish including a 6 inch long lunar wrasse. He has been sitting in fish jail for a couple of months due to him being the suspect of a clam death a while back. I felt bad that he was in jail (small quarantine tank) and added him to the 90 yesterday. Now I am having second thoughts and I am worrying that I should try and catch him and move him to my sump (75 gallon tank) until I either get my 150 up and make it a more aggressive tank or trade it in or give it away to a fellow reefer. The guy I bought it from said he had no problems with aggression and there were plenty of hermits. I am more worried about the clams....

SHould I be worried?

·
Reef Nut
1,254 Posts
Yes. The Lunare wrasse (or Lyretail wrasse) is not reef safe. It won't eat corals but it will eat shrimp, crabs, ect. and they can get aggressive.

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I finally caught the little ******! I had to take almost all of my aquascaping out....:angry: but he is living in fish jail now aka the sump. If I ever get around to putting up the 150 he will live in there with other big bad boys like himself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts