The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get to drive up to Ladysmith to work on some Cisco routers today... Anyone in the area (i.e. Eau Claire) have any zoas, rics, or shrooms for sale? I am looking for some new ones to spice up my nano.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Have fun up there. I was camping within a couple miles of there over the 4th.

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish it was for fun, instead it is going to go something like this. I roll in and meet the vendor and cross my fingers that he knows how to configure his router and not break my clients network. My client will be breathing down my neck as their network will be down during this time and are unable to get orders in so they are losing $$$ by the minute. I was told this would be a 1 hour job. Well last month when I was told the same thing for a bank, it took 4 days to get it all sorted out and get the bank back online. What really sucked is that I had my routers and ASA configured properly, it was all the ISP's issues and a 3rd party vendor's routers.

Anywhoo venting out of apprehension right now. :) Was just hoping to turn the trip into a somewhat fun experience, in otherwords pick up some new corals.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Hey Josh,
Been meaning to call, but busy with life as we all are. How is the Tank-opolils coming along? Waiting on picts of the skimmer/boy comparison too!
Matt

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
life is too **** busy.. No chance to move the tanks yet, I still need to figure out how I am going to plumb downstairs. John is going to come over soon and help me draw it out. I am still paranoid of doing this wrong so I want another set of eyes.

I rescued a Sailfin Tang on Sunday, it has HLLE. It had been cooped up in a 20 gallon tank with no veggies or skimming for 3 months so I bought it for $20 and I am hoping to rehabilitate the poor guy. Eating like crazy now and follows my foxface everywhere.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Josh, when I go and visit Matt's house (also to bring his money and 3 frags I have left) I might be able to make my way over to your place as well to give you a few ideas that you could try. I have done a bit of plumbing on my tanks as you may remember lol. First thing I will say... GO BIG ON YOUR RETURN LINES!!!!!! I went too small my first try. (only did (1) 1.5" return with dual .75" inlets) I have since turned that into (2) 1.5" returns... and realistically I could have gone 2.5" returns and then better maximized my water flow. As I still have to reduce the flow on my big pump a bit.

I was thinking that I might be able to make my way over to LaCrosse this upcoming weekend (Friday night or Saturday depending on if I have to work Friday or not).

This work for either of you guys?

Jason

·
Reef Junkie
532 Posts
If you want to come check out the plumg job I just did for the 58 feel free, or just let me know if you want any help planing.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Perhaps we could do a mini-round robin thing...I know Jake has not been here either so Jake and Jason could visit here (not a ton to see), then Jakes, then on to Josh's for a plumbing party? I know I'm making plans without knowing what your schedules are :)

Josh, how did your router world go? was it a 1 hour job or a 3 day fiasco?

Jake, I finally put in my speakers, and hope to get my sub in the next few weeks. I'll need to buy a sub cable from you guys with your input.

Jason, How are your frags from FS doing?

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Friday and Saturday are out for me :( I am running one of my WDT LAN parties at the Stoneycreek Inn. So I will be busy gaming and drinking beer all weekend. Otherwise I would love to do that! Sunday I could do it but I am guessing you guys are busy then.

My router install was a piece of cake. I had it configured within a 1/2 hour but had to sit and wait until the pharmacy shutdown at 6:00, and then wait another hour after I got it plugged in for the pharmaceutical software company to remote in and test their software. During that time I hacked the wireless and did a search for LFS shops in the area. Closest one I found was Tropic Waters in Eau Claire. I called them up asking what they had. The guy I talked to seemed very nice. I was really looking for some Zoas for my Nanocube. They had some green zoas about 10 polyps for $25. That was about it for stuff I did not have. By the time I was driving through Eauclaire it was already 8:15 and I had to find the place so I just kept driving home. I should be up there again for another job so I will try and stop by.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
It probably isn't worth your time to stop at Tropic Waters. Their prices have been really high and their selection is small lately. But, you may get lucky.

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It probably isn't worth your time to stop at Tropic Waters. Their prices have been really high and their selection is small lately. But, you may get lucky.
yeah the $25 for 8-10 Zoa polyps seemed a little high. I guess if they were PPE's that would be a different story :) He said he has not had much in due to the heat.

·
Reef Junkie
532 Posts
Yeah Sundays not bad I still have everything stuffed into the 29gal but you could see the progress on the 58gal. who knows if I bust major butt this week It may be ready.

Any body have any decent SE MH reflectors. I have been thinking of switching mine and getting new ones. I would need two.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
He said he has not had much in due to the heat.
I wonder what his excuss this past winter and spring is. You can ask anyone from up in EC and I'll bet you that most of them will say that TW has gone downhill over the past couple years.

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am going to be stuck in Eau Claire again for a day or two, are there any good shops up there?

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Brian, you beat me too that comment... I was over to Eau Claire two separate times and stopped in at TW LFS... and both times there was NOTHING in the tanks that I didn't already have... One time was before x-mas... other time was Aprilish... Anyhow, as far as fish stores go Aaron and Chuck would be the one's to talk too as they live there... As far as Sunday goes I think I could make that work... I doubt that Jen would want to go as she tends to get bored listening to me talk about fish and corals for hours on end but, who knows sometimes she throws me for a loop lol. But, it would be nice to be able to see everyone's tanks in one shot like that. If this goes down just tell me where to meet and when and then we'll go from there! lol

Jas

p.s. as far as frags go they are doing well... The only one I was a bit concerned about was the blue acro I bought (paid nearly $50 for it so there was reason for concern lol). It still has not turned back to blue but, it has begun growing so I know it'll only be a matter of time... I have also decided that seeing I am in need of new MH bulbs as well as PC bulbs anyhow that I'm going to change the temp of my bulbs... I was thinking of the 14,000k bulbs from my current 10,000k bulbs... anyhow have any thoughts on this? Also, any pro's vs. con's on going with the better top end bulbs over the coralife bulbs I have been buying (paid roughly $40/bulb for these).

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
TW used to be the place to go for fish and corals. There is one other person in EC that used to sell some fish (great quality and prices) out of his Soccer store. Aaron would be able to tell you if he still does. Besides for them, Petco is the only other place with SW stuff.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
sorry been busy here. lol just broke my arm/ elbow last night. I have frags for ya. stoney creek this weekend huh. is mark and ben in the lan party also. as far as tropics goes its usually a miss there I would type more but my arm is killing me right now. stop by and i can talk then

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ouch!! How did you do that Aaron? Are you a gamer?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts