The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone had any luck w/one of these fish? I saw it in foster&smith mag. very pretty! but ive never seen one before.

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
awesome fish! I had one and loved it! He minded his own and never bothered any other fish (he was the last one to be put in the tank) My 6 line wrasses didnt like him much tho. They do like to jump! thats how I lost mine :( Dont know how he ended on the floor (full canopy) but he did...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much, i thought it was a beautiful fish, but had never heard anything about them before. I guess it will be an addition to my tank sometime in the future!

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
About how much do they run, (whats the price range), nice pic...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, i was all about getting one until i read that they were jumpers-so....guess i better back out. i just lost a bi color a week ago. maybe there is another one that i can get.

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
I believe that all of the fairy wrasses are jumpers. I have a solar wrasse....great fish. My beautiful filamented fairy managed to jump through the one small opening my canopy while I was gone to farmer's market a few weeks ago....he was toast by the time I got home..:(

I did have egg crate on my aquarium for a while, but removed it when I added the canopy.

J.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It seems all too often that some of the prettiest fish...A. Cost too much, B. Are too delicate, C. Are not reef compatible, and/or D. Jump out of the tank!
But lucky for us there are so many that are E. None of the above!
I love this hobby!
Sean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts