The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Im new here so this may be a little rough around the edges lol! :)

So, I have a tank raised clown fish and I want it to host my new LTA. Really my clown fish hasnt shown any interest in it at all. So, is there anything you can think of to help me out. Or from personal experience would be even better . I dont want to move the anemone becasue I think it finally got settled and attached!! :banana: :rotflmao::bln-nice: So can you please give me some advice?! Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Usually Tank Raised Clown Wont Host An Anemone. But U Can Try To Put A Picture Of The Same Clown And Anemone Hosting On The Side Of Ur Tank And Might Host

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I heard that they can host but, I hope mine will! :) Can you tell me a place where you can get True Clownfish that come from the ocean lol !!

·
Registered
38 Posts
ummm u can go to ur lfs and ask if they have wild cought clowns kuz thy have them at my lfs......so ask idk maby they will mby thy wont ask around

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
Tank raised clowns can and often will host anemones. Take a look at my avatar. Tank raised percula and an LTA.

There is no guarantee that they will and if they do it could take anywhere from immediately to months. Patience is the key. DO NOT move the anemone. You take the chance of injuring it and it might move on its own to someplace you really don't want it.

I have had luck placing a picture of clowns in a anemone on the glass near the anemone.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
ummm u can go to ur lfs and ask if they have wild cought clowns kuz thy have them at my lfs......so ask idk maby they will mby thy wont ask around
This is still no gaurantee.

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
Well, I heard that they can host but, I hope mine will! :) Can you tell me a place where you can get True Clownfish that come from the ocean lol !!
The clowns you have will be fine. If you really must have wild caught, you can usually get them from Liveaquaria or iBluewater.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts