kinda depends on a few factors.. is the outside temp. pretty stable. or do the house/garage night temps fall low?, is it a base type rock or new LR bought with life already on it? if you have life on it and want to keep it. i would say yes a heater to make sure they live and the warmth of the warm is stable. But at this point in time you would also have to keep a closer eye onthe levels while curing the LR, possible to have a light on it/ over the bin.Also having water movement.
Depends on what you are doing with the LR. If you are cooking it and it is the temperature outside, no. If you are looking to keep hitchhikers and algae alive, yes.
The difference being that the bacteria don't mind the temperature swings as much as the algae and critters. If cooking, it is BEST to just keep the temperature stable as possible. So it would be better to keep it in the house rather than the garage, but not NECESSARY. Bacteria are very resilient.
yeah I guess I should have stated more of what I was doing with it. I recieved a lot of rubble, about 25#'s worth and while I'm in the process of setting up another tank at my house 25g, I jsut needed a place for it to be. Most of it already is cured, it's basically all the non show piece broken stuff that collects in the LR tanks at a lfs.