The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Administrator
61,329 Posts
I would try raising the outflow just above water level so the air burps out.
Reducing the outflow via a valve meens the return pump needs adjusted to not over power the restricted drain

· Registered
569 Posts
You can aslo do a tube within a tube... If it's one inch going down but a it inside a three in tube with cap on end. So the water goes into the three inch pipe then over the top and into the sock..... Sorry if that is confusing....

· Administrator
61,329 Posts
You can aslo do a tube within a tube... If it's one inch going down but a it inside a three in tube with cap on end. So the water goes into the three inch pipe then over the top and into the sock..... Sorry if that is confusing....
Still need to vent air going down drainline to get rid of bubbling noise

· Just a Fishy
601 Posts
I second the tube within a tube idea. I think you can actually buy an apparatus similar to this from eShopps, but why, when you can easily make it!

· Registered
7,856 Posts
I would try raising the outflow just above water level so the air burps out.
Reducing the outflow via a valve meens the return pump needs adjusted to not over power the restricted drain
Hey Doug, maybe you can chime in on my euro-style build as it seems I need some assistance there...please, pretty please ;)

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok I tryed raising the water tube going into the sock so that the air can be released but that created a greater sound from the splashing so back to the same problem would like to try the larger pipe over the down tube but not sure how the larger tube connects to the smaller tube and at the same time allow for water to flow around, between the two of them ?? hope there is an answer

· Registered
569 Posts
Probably do this a few different ways. Easiest would prolly be to drill 3 holes toward the bottom and three hols toward the top in (like a peace sign pattern around the larger tube.). Then use plastic screws to hold in place. Kinda like a glass bowl on a light fixture.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.