The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may know, today I went to all 3 of my lfs's, and at my favorite I was allowed to take pics... that is after my buddy Adam said something to the effect of "holy flippin' camera!". :D Yes, I do love this camera! It is a Canon Rebel XT and all of these photos were taken with the 100mm macro lense for the shutter bugs who would ask.
It worked out well; when you click on the link in my sig you will be taken to the first page which are all lfs pics; their filenames all start with "ad" (advanced aquariums is the store). Then if you click on "next" you'll be taken to the next page, and the first 4 rows of pics are what I've taken today of my tank.
On the lfs pics, they're not all perfect, darn some of those fish just would NOT sit still! :nuts: I still really enjoyed taking the pics, and I think my favorite is the aiptasia growing on top of the bubble algae... kinda funny! I also love the feather duster shot, oh and the arrow crab! I wish the hermit crab shot would have been more clear, those eyes! Darn!
I hope you enjoy looking at the pics as much as I enjoyed taking them! :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
that aptaisia/ bubble pic is amazing, looks like a tiny tree on a tiny glass planet, should enter that in some competitions for double pest pic. amazing shots you have there. i need a better camera.

·
Super Moderator
26,935 Posts
Jess- what a beautiful collection of photos! Love that bubble algae/aiptasia groupie, too. Love that feather in the first page - looks like a headdress for a Rockette :cool:

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehe, it's just so fun to play with the camera, and every so often I get lucky with a few great shots! I'm embarrassed that I'm showing you guys a few of those blurry fish shots, like the tusk, but he's so darned pretty and fast! That's all I could do, that brat! :) I decided to enter the aiptasia on the bubble algae to TRT calendar! Wish me luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts